Integrated XP Pro with SP3 ISOs

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Integrated XP Pro with SP3 ISOs

Post by John Gray »

Having failed miserably over the years to slipstream XP Pro with its Service Pack 3, usually because I only had an XP Pro SP1 CD, I find the need to have an integrated SP3 version for Volume Licence, OEM and Retail copies of XP Pro (and maybe later, XP Home), to cover the reinstallation of XP Pro on any machine for which I am likely to have to do this.

Has anyone used, or have any opinions on, the website and the ISOs available from Tip and Trick? Or does anyone know of another reputable source? (Yes, I know Technet is a reputable source...!)

Obviously I do NOT want any hacked/cracked/virus-ridden version, because I will have a valid product key to type in at the correct time, in all instances...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Integrated XP Pro with SP3 ISOs

Post by JoeP »

Do you have access to MSDN | Microsoft Development, Subscriptions, Resources, and More? The versons available at MSDN depend on the subscription level.

Joe
Joe

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Thanks, Joe - I can get to the download area, but it wants me to Sign In. Bit difficult, since I don't have an MSDN subscription. If nobody come up with anything, I will have to see if my Technet sub allows something similar. I'll have to go into work on my day off tomorrow, though. (Sob!)
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

According to the downloadable list of products at TechNet: Compare Subscriptions XP is included. You'll have to signin to see what "flavors" of XP are available though. Can't you signin to Technet from home?

Joe
Joe

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

You might want to look at nLite, here:
http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html
and here:
http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/89-nlite/

Ken

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

JoeP wrote:According to the downloadable list of products at TechNet: Compare Subscriptions XP is included. You'll have to signin to see what "flavors" of XP are available though. Can't you signin to Technet from home?Joe
I could - if I'd brought all the details! Tomorrow we are due up to 100 mm (4") of rain.
John Gray

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

stuck wrote:You might want to look at nLite, here:
http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html
and here:
http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/89-nlite/
Thanks, Ken, but it looks to me that I'll have to bite the bullet and go in to do that Technet download...
John Gray

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Can't you remote into work? Are the "details" in electronic form?

Joe
Joe

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I've been into work and downloaded the 'retail' and Volume Licence versions of XP Pro with SP3, and the 'retail' version of XP Home with SP3.

The first of these boots fine, but hasn't fixed my problem with a previously-virus-infested laptop, which now sits at "Starting Windows...", in spite of a Repair installation and a CHKDSK via the Recovery Console. So it's either a parallel installation of Windows, or a complete reformat/reinstall. Backup? Ha-ha...
John Gray

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

virus infested?, I'd go for the complete reformat/reinstall.

Ken

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I got rid of all the viruses ages ago, but they seem to have screwed up some of the user profiles so that it won't load them.

And I refer you to the two final words in my previous post...
John Gray