Volume control knob change

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Volume control knob change

Post by John Gray »

After leaving my PC for a couple of days, I come back to find that the physical volume control knob, which used to go all the way from very quiet to VERY LOUD now only covers a comparatively small part of the possible audio volume range. I hadn't originally done anything with the various volume control sliders for the sound card, but even after having changed those the comparatively small range covered by the physical volume control knob still remains...

Has anyone any suggestions about how to return the functionality? Thanks!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

HansV
Administrator

Re: Volume control knob change

Post by HansV »

What is the range now - from very quiet to only slightly less quiet, or from very loud to only slightly less loud, or somewhere in the middle?
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I have seen something similar when the speakers were accidentally plugged into the line out connector, instead of the speaker connector. Can you check that all the physical connections are correct.
StuartR

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I've not changed any of the connections, and have checked that they are tight.

I can change the range by adjusting the Volume Control slider up or down, but wherever I put the slider, the physical volume control knob seems to cover only about ¼ of the original range.

Deeply puzzling...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...