Script Error In Windows XP

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Script Error In Windows XP

Post by hlewton »

I have had a program called 1-Click Answers installed on my machines and it opens when Windows starts up. For years it has worked fine but lately on 2 of my machines it seems to have developed a problem and I have no idea how or what to do about it. I am getting a script error message and I have to choose yes or no if I want it to continue to run the script. I believe it is 1-Click Answers that is the culprit because sometimes it's interface will not appear until after I make the above choice. If I am not at the machine as it is booting up it will at times display the interface but the script error message is still there. How can I stop the script error message from appearing or correct it? Again the only choices I have is to continue to run the script - Yes or No and in either case the message disappears as soon as I make the choice but reappears on the next boot up.

Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Script Error In Windows XP

Post by HansV »

Try the following:

- Start Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools | Internet Options... (press Alt+T if you don't see a Tools menu).
- Activate the Advanced tab.
- in the Browsing section, tick the check box "Disable script debugging - Internet Explorer".
- Also tick the check box "Disable script debugging - Other".
- Clear the check box "Display a notification about every script error".
- Click OK.
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Reboot Windows (or wait until the next time you'd reboot anyway).
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thank you. I will give it a try.
Regards,
hlewton

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Wild speculation here that may or may not be applicable but...

If this behaviour is recent then that suggests to me that a change to XP, perhaps brought about by recent MS update to XP, is 'interfering' with 1-Click Answers. In which case there may be an updated version of 1-Click Answers that resolves this issue.

Ken

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

stuck wrote:Wild speculation here that may or may not be applicable but...

If this behaviour is recent then that suggests to me that a change to XP, perhaps brought about by recent MS update to XP, is 'interfering' with 1-Click Answers. In which case there may be an updated version of 1-Click Answers that resolves this issue.

Ken
I was kind of wondering that myself because I do always update these machines when MS updates become available. That is about the only thing that could have caused it because I have not installed anything else on the 2 machines for a couple years now since I really do not use them all that often. Following Han's suggestion it is now not displaying that error but if I find I-Click has a newer version I may try loading it and seeing what happens.

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

hlewton wrote:
stuck wrote:Wild speculation here that may or may not be applicable but...

Ken
I was kind of wondering that myself because I do always update these machines when MS updates become available. That is about the only thing that could have caused it because I have not installed anything else on the 2 machines for a couple years now since I really do not use them all that often. Following Han's suggestion it is now not displaying that error but if I find I-Click has a newer version I may try loading it and seeing what happens.

Thanks
Don't forget, MS updates will NOT update third party software. You have to go the the manufacturer's website to check for that.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Yep thanks for that info. I did check and as far as I can tell I am using the latest and greatest version they have to offer.
Regards,
hlewton