Folder Permissions.

Steve_in_Kent
4StarLounger

Folder Permissions.

Post by Steve_in_Kent »

I set up a folder on a shared drive, for 3 people only to get into it. they had full permissions on the folder. But although i was the owner, i did not give myself permission to access the folder.

When i did this, i think i have unchecked/checked incorrectly, the inherit permissions button (maybe).. in that...

the 3 people set up folders in the directory with files inside.

I was asked to add another user to the existing 3, which i did, but while he has access to the main folder, he cannot get into any sub folder.

I gave myself full access to the main folder, so now i can see 20 folders inside, but i cannot get into them, and i cannot see the security tab on those folders.

Is there a way for me to recover permissions to these sub folders, so that i can allow the extra person access

confusing i know, but thats the best way i can explain it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owing at LEAST 34 beers to other helpful forum members. Especially HansV!

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Folder Permissions.

Post by John Gray »

Probably easiest to Take Ownership, via Security -> Advanced button -> Owner tab.
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Steve_in_Kent
4StarLounger

Post by Steve_in_Kent »

If i right click on the folders, there is no security tab....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owing at LEAST 34 beers to other helpful forum members. Especially HansV!

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Is there a Properties menu entry (at the bottom)?
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...