Change System Tray Icons?

BobH
UraniumLounger

Change System Tray Icons?

Post by BobH »

Once again, I am probably showing just how much ignorance one bloke can have ... and must own.

I think I'm using the correct term in 'Systray' pictured below.
systray icons.JPG
It is some of these icons I wish to change. Is it possible to do so? My blood pressure is in the basement today (again :sigh:) and my search foo weak.

Can someone please help?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Change System Tray Icons?

Post by HansV »

Do you want to show other programs than the one you currently do? Or do you want to change the look of the present icons?
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

BobH wrote:Once again, I am probably showing just how much ignorance one bloke can have ... and must own.

I think I'm using the correct term in 'Systray' pictured below.
systray icons.JPG
It is some of these icons I wish to change. Is it possible to do so? My blood pressure is in the basement today (again :sigh:) and my search foo weak.

Can someone please help?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Hi Robert,
Do you really want that many icons in the tray?
Anyway, here is a link to two ways to change them.

HOW TO GEEKS

Hopefully, we are talking about the same icons and not the notification tray icons?
If you just want to remove some of them, right click on one and click unpin this program from taskbar.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Icon image changed!!!!!

At least one of the hammers in the box must not be a hammer!

I changed the icon associated with a particular program. Along the way I discovered that the particular program does not show up in the list of default programs and never could find out how to add it, but the problem got sorted with some careful right clicks ... first on the tray icon then on the program name then on properties then a bit of a kerfuffle to find an icon file. After making the change, it didn't appear until I rebooted. It still didn't appear so I restarted a second time and now the icon I choose for that program appears.

Thank you much for your help.

VikingRobert, I found the hints I needed in the link you provided. Ta!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hi Bob,

Just to be annoyingly pedantic here...
The systray (or notification area) is the small area of the taskbar that holds the background running apps and the time.
The taskbar is the rest of the entire bar.
Image 001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Rudi!

I had a strong suspicion that I had the wrong title. What I changed was a Task Bar icon.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)