Font size

LineLaline
2StarLounger

Font size

Post by LineLaline »

I never thought I would ask this :laugh:
I suppose erm, well... age...
But there it is: the font size on this forum is very small. I remedy this by hitting 'Ctrl-+' of course, which neatly respects this until I no longer need it. So, it's really not a problem at all.
But I wonder if it is a deliberate choice to use such a small font, or if the template has no other options.
That being said :laugh: I remember when a student asked if I could change the font size in the books, they were very kind about it and said that 'for older eyes it would be nice'. The font I used at the time was 9 pt Calibri. I currently use 12 pt. Screen resolutions have changed so much that this sometimes makes it difficult to read a smaller font. One of the clients uses 9 pixels for their email responses. I used to read that without a problem 😭 Those days are gone.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Leif
Administrator

Re: Font size

Post by Leif »

Check your User Control Panel > Board Preferences page:

x.jpg

Does that help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leif

LineLaline
2StarLounger

Post by LineLaline »

Leif wrote:
04 Jan 2023, 17:33
Check your User Control Panel > Board Preferences page:

x.jpg

Does that help?
Oooh yes! Thank you so much. I never went there before, I just jumped in. All is well now at 110%. This already is a massive difference I must say!
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Thank you both for reminding me of this setting. My eyes appreciate it.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

..............They wheeled me in to the Opticians the other day. He said, read this:

dkjasdjdg
You need font normal 100%
he needs font larger at 120%

I said, I can’t read the last line.

He didn’t give me any Glasses. He told me to increase my font by 120% :scratch:

( Instead I started collecting old meter plus diagonal flat screen Tellies from ebay. I got about 20 now, one hanging in every corner of the building site as a second extended extra monitor on a computer or laptop. They are a much better alternative to a normal computer screen. And you can pick them up nowadays for close to nothing if you don’t mind travelling around a bit to pick them up yourself. ….
(Great for learning VBA on BTW, have the VB Editor on the laptop in front of you, the spreadsheet ( or word doc ) on the telly on the wall , drag the Immediate window and Watch Window anywhere convenient . On the telly there is usually a bit more space for a few other things like the Browser open at your favourite forum…. ( or, at the click of the remote control, watch your favourite Pope being buried on the Telly instead… ) )

Shocking, view at your own risk…
)
Spoiler
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(