Attachments anomaly

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Attachments anomaly

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I learn something every day!
I have two attachments to a post, and decide to get them done before I type text in the message body.
To that end I start a new topic (https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=36665) and type in a Subject text, then immediately choose "Attachments" and upload the the two image files.
I can see that the files are uploaded because (a) the green status bar quits and (b) both attachments are listed with their file sizes (17kB and 14kB respectively)
Let us see if the screenshot images look OK: I choose "Preview" and to my surprise no images appear!

If I type a single character of text in the post body and choose Preview, then the images appear!

So far this is not a debilitating issue, but it would probably worry new users such as I. It might be logged into a Suggestion Box for the makers of this fine communications platform.
cheers
Chris
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

Leif
Administrator

Re: Attachments anomaly

Post by Leif »

Did you select to insert them inline?

To be honest, new users posting attachments without accompanying text is a greater worry to me...
Leif

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Leif wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 11:09
Did you select to insert them inline?
hello Leif. No, I did not (for once!) set them inline, although I usually do. In this case I got smart (hah hah!) and thought that (a) there was no sequence to the images, so there was no need to set the images inline with specific text and (b) in my dotty old age I thought to inspect the images and make sure I had edited the purple outlines correctly, reasoning (sometimes a bad thing) that I could drop them inline after I had keyed in the text.

So what I learned today was that I can sometimes be too clever for my own abilities (grin)
To be honest, new users posting attachments without accompanying text is a greater worry to me...
That is good.
I would be worried if you had said "To be honest, new users are a greater worry to me..." :evilgrin:

I ran a test for you https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36667 but then, if a user did manage to skip over the software warning, we should ALL be worried!
Cheers
Chris

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 11:22
I would be worried if you had said "To be honest, new users are a greater worry to me..." :evilgrin:
As you well know, Chris, it's the older users who cause the most grief...

ChrisGreaves wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 11:22
I ran a test for you https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36667 but then, if a user did manage to skip over the software warning, we should ALL be worried!
No need for anyone to worry, Chris! All new users are subject to Admin moderation for their first few posts anyway!
Leif

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Leif wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 11:29
Certainly nobody can gainsay that opinion! <chortle!>
John Gray

Venison is quiet deer, and quite dear.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Leif wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 11:29
Grief, Leif? Are you trying for wordplay on my surname ? :clapping: :clapping: