Google And Others?

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Google And Others?

Post by Bigaldoc »

Speaking of bots (someone was), is Eileen's Lounge allowing Google and others to index this new forum?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Google And Others?

Post by HansV »

Not as far as I know, and I think we'll leave it that way, at least for now. We'll have to see how the server holds up as visitor numbers increase.
Best wishes,
Hans

Jezza
5StarLounger

Post by Jezza »

HansV wrote:Not as far as I know, and I think we'll leave it that way, at least for now. We'll have to see how the server holds up as visitor numbers increase.
OMG will that mean we will have to get a virtualised network balanced multi-clustered database that loses links and attachments in an arbitrary way :evilgrin: :grin:
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

jezza wrote:OMG will that mean ...
Welcome home, Jezza Bear!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

jezza wrote:OMG will that mean we will have to get a virtualised network balanced multi-clustered database that loses links and attachments in an arbitrary way :evilgrin: :grin:
:flee: :flee: :flee: :flee:
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

HansV wrote:
jezza wrote:Will that mean we will have to get a virtualised network balanced multi-clustered database that loses links and attachments in an arbitrary way :evilgrin: :grin:
We all know that Eileen's Lounge is hosted on a contemporaneous Pentium III with a dodgy 40 GB hard drive... :innocent:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

jezza wrote:
HansV wrote:Not as far as I know, and I think we'll leave it that way, at least for now. We'll have to see how the server holds up as visitor numbers increase.
OMG will that mean we will have to get a virtualised network balanced multi-clustered database that loses links and attachments in an arbitrary way :evilgrin: :grin:
Quick, someone delete Jezza's post before anyone sees it.
:grin: :grin:
StuartR

Jezza
5StarLounger

Post by Jezza »

Oh come on now Stuart, membership has tripled in a matter of 12 hours here in the Lounge we are going to have to do it, there are just not enough Admins, I suggest that you need at least 50 Global Admin, 40 Tech Admin all recruited from today's influx of Loungers after Claude's Newsletter.
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it

StoneChucker
StarLounger

Post by StoneChucker »

Edited by StoneChucker --

<post content deleted. StoneChucker wasn't thinking clearly before posting the original>
Last edited by StoneChucker on 24 Jan 2010, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Perhaps both should be [pun-alert] Doctor-ed?! (I presume...) :chortle:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

StoneChucker wrote:Hey, if we can just ban :censored: , and :censored: (or is that :censored: and :censored: ?), I'd be happy.
Can we all please try not to make negative comments about "the other place" or people associated with it. This board is not secret and we don't want it to be seen as just a forum for bashing the other place.
StuartR

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Perhaps remove the posts from there down? Even my v. witty one!
John Gray

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

John Gray wrote:Perhaps remove the posts from there down? Even my v. witty one!
I'll leave them a day or so, so all our current members can enjoy them, and then remove them. The ability to recast history so that something never happened can be useful to an admin :innocent:
StuartR

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

StuartR wrote:
John Gray wrote:Perhaps remove the posts from there down? Even my v. witty one!
I'll leave them a day or so, so all our current members can enjoy them, and then remove them. The ability to recast history so that something never happened can be useful to an admin :innocent:
Back to my "1984" question, which you may have seen!... :clever:
John Gray

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

John Gray wrote:
HansV wrote:
jezza wrote:Will that mean we will have to get a virtualised network balanced multi-clustered database that loses links and attachments in an arbitrary way :evilgrin: :grin:
We all know that Eileen's Lounge is hosted on a contemporaneous Pentium III with a dodgy 40 GB hard drive... :innocent:
:groovin: Is it back next to the fish tank?
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Nothing's changed with this crew! To think I started this thread this morning with what I thought was an innocent question...

:bwaah:

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Bigaldoc wrote:Nothing's changed with this crew! To think I started this thread this morning with what I thought was an innocent question...
There is a certain amount of cheery hysteria involved in this glad return to normality, I think you would agree! :smile:
John Gray

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

John Gray wrote:
Bigaldoc wrote:Nothing's changed with this crew! To think I started this thread this morning with what I thought was an innocent question...
There is a certain amount of cheery hysteria involved in this glad return to normality, I think you would agree! :smile:
As a certain lady in a USA TV show used to say: "You bet your bippy."

I for one am as high as a kite and am just now having my first afternoon beer, so I ain't stewed! Knowing that this place is here is the best thing that's happened in a long time!

Jezza
5StarLounger

Post by Jezza »

It is great, we are beginning the road to recovery, we have had a beard joke and Tony discovered last week that I indeed too had a beard of sorts. John "badger" Gray is back.
Jerry

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

VegasNath wrote:Is it back next to the fish tank?
Do you mean the snake cage? It was originally, but we're hosted somewhere else now...
Best wishes,
Hans