Go Online WLM

RonH
SilverLounger

Go Online WLM

Post by RonH »

By accident I hit the 'Work Offline' button in my WLM which has now changed to 'Go Online'.
Go Online.JPG
But now I do not seem to be able to 'Go Online' in spite of many attempts clicking this button, rebooting pc etc. I access all my email accounts (POP3, Gmail, Outlook) using WLM. My internet is OK.
I hope someone can help me solve this problem
Hoping Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Go Online WLM

Post by RonH »

FOUND THE ANSWER. For some reason it came back after I used IE10 and viewed a few web pages. IE10 was not 'OffLine' but ...
Is this a known IE 10 problem :scratch: ... if so I'm going back to IE 9
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I guess that WLM and IE10 are interrelated, and IE10 became offline when you made WLM offline.
By starting IE10 separately and visiting a web page, you forced it to go online again.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

I guess so Hans ... a search of the Microsoft forums showed many such queries.
Drives me nuts sorting out email accounts! The other day I opened a new Outlook.com account with the intention of trashing my Hotmail which was being plagued with junk mail
http://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I only use this kind of account by exception to my prime POP3 account. I removed the Hotmail from WLM and connected the Outlook. All my Contacts disappeared so I had to get back to Hotmail and copy them into Outlook. This 'online' control of my Contacts does not please me, though I find WLM to be a good way of having all my email access in one easy screen. Maybe another multi-account solution is available where I control my Contacts?
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't use WLM much so I don't really know how it manages contacts. Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion for you.
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

On both my computers, I sign-in with my Hotmail account in WLM, this is where my contacts are stored. I only use Gmail in WLM using POP3. When mail is accessed by POP3, Gmail archives it, so I don't get the same message on my Laptop if it has been accessed on my Desktop.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.