Access 2003 Report Unable to format in 2007

kwvh
3StarLounger

Access 2003 Report Unable to format in 2007

Post by kwvh »

I have two reports developed in Access 2003. They were developed using paper size B4. I did this to allow laying out the reports in a font large enough to easily layout the headers and fields without using fonts smaller than 8 point. Once done, the user "prints" the reports to pdf, and they fit fine on letter size paper, and all is proportional. The user can preview the reports and they look fine. Both reports have worked fine for over a year. They still work fine in Access 2003. However, when moved to a machine using Access 2007, one previews and prints fine to a single page (again letter size).

The second report previewed and printed fine the first time we ran it on the Access 2007 machine. After that, it will not layout to a single sheet. Have tried editing the report, using specific printer, and with page setup setting the paper to B4. No matter what I try, it will not stay configured to B4 and will not print to a single sheet. Yet the other report formatted the same way will print and preview to a single sheet.

Has anyone ever experienced anything similar in moving to Access 2007?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Re: Access 2003 Report Unable to format in 2007

Post by HansV »

Do you have SP2? There was a problem with non-standard paper sizes in early versions of Access 2007; this was first solved in a hotfix (Description of the Access 2007 hotfix update: March 31, 2008) which was later incorporated into SP2.
Best wishes,
Hans

kwvh
3StarLounger

Re: Access 2003 Report Unable to format in 2007

Post by kwvh »

Hans,

Great question. I will check tomorrow and see.

Thanks for the rapid response. Don't you ever sleep? LOL

Ken