Why the yellow exclamation Point?

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Why the yellow exclamation Point?

Post by Gloria E »

In WinPatrol Plus, IE Helper tab, there is a program that has a exclamation point over the icon. The program is Java Platform SE7 U4, ssv.dll. The icon itself is black but covered over with a yellow background.

What does the exclamation point mean? Should I be concerned? I know what it means if found in Device Manager.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Why the yellow exclamation Point?

Post by HansV »

If you open the Java control panel, and click About..., which version number do you see? Mine is shown in the screenshpt below.
x1149.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:If you open the Java control panel, and click About..., which version number do you see? Mine is shown in the screenshpt below.
x1149.png
I see: Java 7 Standard Edition. Version 7 Update 5 build 1.7.0_05-b05.

Please forgive the lateness of my reply, I've had a personal problem that required my full attention.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The Java Platform SE7 U4, ssv.dll is probably a left-over from the previous version Java 7 Update 4.
Best wishes,
Hans