Jacquie Lawson Web Site

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Jacquie Lawson Web Site

Post by Bigaldoc »

Re: E-cards from Jacquie Lawson

I have been a subscriber for several years now and there is no way to hide the fact that this is a rant!

The only complaint I've ever had with her site is that no one EVER responds when a subscriber contacts them with a problem or even just a question! NEVER!!!

I've written to them, via their web contact form, on several occasions with nary a response, save for the auto-responder email that says they received my contact. Examples are last year when they added Facebook compatibility and one aspect of it didn't work (and still doesn't). Not too long ago she added a new concept called "Notes" that has a couple of problems. No response and the problem still exists.

I don't know who her webmaster is or if she ever supervises him/her, but it doesn't look like it!

Today, I ran into a new one and truthfully I don't know if it was caused by the Firefox 5.0 update or some code change at her domain by the webmaster. I couldn't LOGON this morning via Firefox. There is a family birthday on Monday and I wanted to get my card sent today. I WAS able to logon with both IE and Chrome quite easily, so I suspect it's a site code change that's causing the problem, BUT it could very well be Firefox.

I submit this graphic I put together, just in case someone does contact me, since I can't submit attachments via their web contact form. I "accidentally" found out that by moving my mouse pointer to the extreme right edge of the logon button, it works. OK, I'm through ranting!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Re: Jacquie Lawson Web Site

Post by agibsonsw »

Perhaps I'm missing something :scratch: bit isn't one of the great things about the internet the ability to go elsewhere? And quite often for little or no cost?

(And aren't you promoting her site by providing a link to it?)
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Sure I am and I'm happy to do so! Just because I have "argument" with one facet of her operation doesn't mean that I don't want to continue to do business there.

The internet "greeting card" business has been of much concern to many people over the years - spam, hackers, possible malware and/or virus infection. Jacquie Lawson allows NONE of that and it's the reason I continue to be a subscriber there. And, I'm not the least bit hesitant to recommend her to others, hence my link.

But, that doesn't mean I don't have issues. I loved my wife for almost 48 years. She could be a major pain in the tush at times, but I didn't leave her because of that. You work it out, in spite of being upset.

Jacquie Lawson's greeting cards are outstanding in their field.

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Bigaldoc wrote:Re: E-cards from Jacquie Lawson
I have been a subscriber for several years now and there is no way to hide the fact that this is a rant!
Hi Al,

I too am a great fan of JL and like you, have being using her e-cards for many years. I just logged in to the JL site with FF4 and had no issues... so maybe it is a FF5 only issue.
Regardless, I did send their Help desk a message indicating the "no-response" issue you are having and included a link to this thread.

Let's see if two shakes of the tail will get some action. :hairout:
Regards,
Bob

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Thanks for the boost, Bob. Let's see if either of us hears from anyone there.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobArch2 wrote:Let's see if two shakes of the tail will get some action. :hairout:
Maybe you'll each get an eCard ... :flee:
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

JL Help
NewLounger

Post by JL Help »

I am the customer support supervisor for Jacquielawson.com. You can contact me at help@jacquielawson.com.

Bigaldoc, I’m sorry you never received a reply to any of your messages. We do strive to reply to every message we receive with an issue or question. Beyond that, I created a Google Alert to inform me when someone posts a question or issue on a third party forum or message board. That is how I found this thread. We know having the best content around won’t matter if people can’t reach and use our site so we take customer support very seriously. As agibsonsw mentioned, our competition is just a few clicks away.

I reviewed our records and I could not find any record of messages from your bigaldoc@gmail.com address. Do you use a different address to contact us? Unfortunately, this means the only issue or question I can address now is the one you mentioned in this post.

This is a Firefox only issue and has appeared intermittently since version 3.6. It only affects Firefox, but not all Firefox users. We have been unable to duplicate this issue on our end. I have tried changing the settings in Firefox, Firefox versions, screen resolution, and accessing from home, but the log on buttons all format correctly. I am certain you will understand that it is almost impossible for our developers to correct an issue we can’t even duplicate.

There are three possible work arounds for this issue at this time:

1. Use a different browser.
2. Click the Enter key after you type in your e-mail address and password. This will automatically select the Log On button.
3. Use the following page to sign in: http://www.jacquielawson.com/logon.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please, let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Andrew

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

JL Help wrote:I am the customer support supervisor for Jacquielawson.com. ... <snip>
Thanks for posting, Andrew! I appreciate it and I understand the possible problem that Firefox may have wrought. I can deal with your suggested workarounds.

By now you've probably gotten my email response with the previous requests that I've made, as best I can remember them. Whenever I've tried to report something I've always used your site's "contact form" since I believed that was the manner in which you expected to be contacted. Whatever you can do, if anything, will be appreciated.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Chalk one up for the good guys (Eileen's Lounge). Al got a response to his complaint, I learned about Google Alerts (brilliant idea!) and we now provide customer support for Jacquie Lawson.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

This is an apology closure! I just received an email from Andrew at Jacquie Lawson. He WAS able to do some digging into my account there and found records of replies that HAVE been sent to me in the past.

It seems that either some replies from their site have been blocked by my ISP or inadvertently removed by MailWasher on my end. I have now added a "good guy" entry in both my email account AND MailWasher to make sure this doesn't happen again. I also dug into my ISP settings pages and I don't really know if it has been watching my email or not but I found an email screener page and selected OFF, so hopefully they won't bother my email.

Thanks to Andrew and my apologies for making a ruckus! Mea Culpa...

JL Help
NewLounger

Post by JL Help »

No apologies needed. I would have never known you were having trouble or been able to contact you if you hadn't posted this "rant". This way we were able to resolve your issues, I have found a new resource for technical information,and http://www.jacquielawson.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; receives some free advertising.

If anyone has any trouble with the website in the future or can not contact us directly, please ask them to send me a private message here. My user account will forward any messages directly to my work e-mail account.

Andrew

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Çok teşekkür ederim !!!

(Turkey was my first venture outside the USA and the first words I learned were "thank you very much.")

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Bigaldoc wrote:Çok teşekkür ederim !!!

(Turkey was my first venture outside the USA and the first words I learned were "thank you very much.")
Glad to see that the reporting-issues have been resolved.

Now... where does the Turkish reference come from? I would think that JL Help is in England...

Bonne journée
Regards,
Bob

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I suppose he is but that had nothing to do with it. It's just one of those things I like to say, from the "old days" of my youth!

karachifoods
NewLounger

Post by karachifoods »

agibsonsw wrote:Perhaps I'm missing something :scratch: bit isn't one of the great things about the internet the ability to go elsewhere? And quite often for little or no cost?
(And aren't you promoting her site by providing a link to it?)
this is a very good thanks for share. :clapping: :clapping:

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

My :2cents: about JL. I've used their site for several years now and have enjoyed sending cards from them. The cards are beautiful, and as far as I know, there is no SPAM generated by using them! I want to add that I contacted their site with a question a few years ago, and received an immediate response. I'm glad to see that Bigaldoc has his problems resolved! Way to go Eileen's Lounge and JL! :thumbup: :clapping:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Thanks for reminding me, Skitterbug, that I almost forgot to go and send a card to my Facebook friends before the long weekend. The "connection" with Facebook is one of the additions to the JL site in the past couple of years that I really like.

And Merry Christmas to you and your family, Skitterbug. I don't know if you'll have a white Christmas up where you are but it looks like NOT here in my area.

Reimer
3StarLounger

Post by Reimer »

Is there Anything this Lounge cannot fix?
Amazing!
Chuck Reimer
(I'm from the Government and I'm here to help) ;-)

velpuvy
NewLounger

Post by velpuvy »

JL website has this facebook wall posts. I became a member of JL this year and I love this site. They are the best. But their customer service sucks. I have issues in posting my cards in my friend's facebook wall. Because when I tried to post it, none of my friend's facebook information is loading but only my facebook information. The window that usually have all my friend's Facebook information is empty. Since I started with JL, I had no issues in posting in Facebook walls (except one and it was my FB friend who did not allow it).

I sent my complaint to their 'friendly' customer help address and a auto reply said that they will look into it but nothing happening. So I googled it and found this site and the JL web master 'Andrew' is helping people here. Hopefully, he will read this and help me too.

I have updated java and splash player etc. I am using windows 7 and vista (3 computers). I tried in all three computers and the results is same. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone who is a subscriber of JL, otherwise I could have checked with them if it works for them.

I cross my finger that Andrew or others in this site will read this and reply me.

Thanks in advance

Puvy

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Click on Andrew's Lounge name and send him a PM to make sure he sees your problem.

I've just (June 1) sent my sister a card as a Facebook post and it worked just fine.