OneDrive not functioning properly

jmt356
SilverLounger

OneDrive not functioning properly

Post by jmt356 »

I am having multiple issues with OneDrive, including:

1. For the past three days, there has been a message stating "Downloading 385 KB of 385 KB." The message never resolves. I have fast internet and expect it should take no more than a few seconds, not a few days, to download the file.

2. I have folders in my OneDrive folder that always show the spinning syncing arrows. I would expect those arrows should only show up when I have made a change, not for days and weeks afterwards.

3. Under status, some of my folders show a green circle with a checkmark and others show a white circle with a checkmark. I understand the green circle corresponds to files that are always available offline and the white circle corresponds to files that are available online but happen to be downloaded at the moment. However, even the files that are set to always be available offline show up with the white circle rather than the green circle.

4. There are some folders in OneDrive that show the spinning arrows syncing status, but when I enter the folder, all the files show the green circle with the checkmark, meaning they are all already synced. How can a folder have syncing in progress if all the files in the folder are already synced?
Regards,

JMT

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Re: OneDrive not functioning properly

Post by Ted Myers »

Where is your OneDrive folder located?
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have NO luck at all.
Windows 11 Home 23H2 Laptop

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Microsoft acknowledged issues with various online services. It claims they are now resolved.
Joe

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Ted Myers wrote:
23 Jan 2023, 17:06
Where is your OneDrive folder located?
My OneDrive folder is located on my data drive. It's not in any subfolders.
Regards,

JMT

smilah
NewLounger

Post by smilah »

If you are having any of these issues, please contact Microsoft Support for assistance. They can help you troubleshoot and resolve the issues you are having with OneDrive.

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

My experience with MS Support is it is very time-consuming and costly and they only manage to solve about half the problems I have brought to them. It is also very difficult to get MS Support with a live agent. Most of their support involves self-help that does not fix the problem.
Regards,

JMT