JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Using Windows Photo Viewer in Win 10

Post by JoeP »

hlewton wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 23:00
JoeP wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 20:44
AFAIK, the Photos app is not optional in Windows 11. It is one of many "in-box" apps. There was recently a big update to the Photos app. You can still get the legacy Photos app in the Microsoft store. Within the updated Photos app go to Settings. Them scroll down to "Photos legacy".
I am not following this. I searched in the Microsoft store and found that I have a photo app, apparently, already installed. I opened it and clicked the Settings but found no "Photos legacy" setting option. The app I opened is named Photos so I am not sure that is where you wanted me to be but I didn't find any other Photo app to open. When you said, "Within the updated Photos app go to Settings" did you mean the app named Photos which I found in my start menu?
Yes.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Using Windows Photo Viewer in Win 10

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 20:46
hlewton wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 23:00
JoeP wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 20:44
AFAIK, the Photos app is not optional in Windows 11. It is one of many "in-box" apps. There was recently a big update to the Photos app. You can still get the legacy Photos app in the Microsoft store. Within the updated Photos app go to Settings. Them scroll down to "Photos legacy".
I am not following this. I searched in the Microsoft store and found that I have a photo app, apparently, already installed. I opened it and clicked the Settings but found no "Photos legacy" setting option. The app I opened is named Photos so I am not sure that is where you wanted me to be but I didn't find any other Photo app to open. When you said, "Within the updated Photos app go to Settings" did you mean the app named Photos which I found in my start menu?
Yes.
It's not surprising that my app is not like yours, or probably others, but I don't have the option to choose Photos Legacy. It just isn't there. It does have a feature that may be useful. That is it can view .HEIF files if its media extensions are downloaded. Thanks
Regards,
hlewton