Files Missing

BobH
UraniumLounger

Files Missing

Post by BobH »

I've just uploaded some images from my iPhone. I used the Files app on the iPhone and set up a shared directory with proper permissions on my PC. I've done this before, successfully.

Just now, the process completed and my PC displayed thumbnails of the images; yet when I try to add images to a post I want to make (on another forum run on phpBB), when I click Attachments and Add Files and navigate to the folder, the images are not there.

Can someone please explain this enigma to me? I'm afraid I have tunnel vision from staring at it too long.

UPDATE:

I tried the upload process yet again and completed it for the third time. I now see multiples of the thumbnails when the upload completes, yet when I try again to attach them to my post, they are not there; however, if I use File Explorer, I see the thumbnails. :scratch: :hairout:

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

HansV
Administrator

Re: Files Missing

Post by HansV »

Does that forum let you drag-and-drop images from Windows Explorer/File Explorer into a post/reply when you're using the Full Editor? It's a feature of phpBB.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Files Missing

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Hans!

Yet another slap my forehead moment. I failed to notice that the pics I uploaded had the HEIC extension which were not acceptable to that other forum. I have never had uploaded pics show up in that format. I guess I'll have to try to figure out if that can be prevented. I had to find a conversion tool (CopyTrans) and take care of them.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016