Android App to check activity?

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Android App to check activity?

Post by ErikJan »

I'm looking for a simple Android App to check if someone is still 'active'. It's for an older person who lives alone but uses his (Android) mobile daily.
What I'm looking for is an alarm that triggers if the phone is not moving for a fixed period of time (during a pre-set time window, i.e. the day). Additional functions like fall detection and GPS location when an alarm is triggered would be nice too but the "no movement" function alone would be great already.
I do NOT (!) want to monitor or log anything else just if there's regular movement or not.
Anyone who knows if something like this exists?

Leif
Administrator

Re: Android App to check activity?

Post by Leif »

If you Google "app to monitor elderly", you should get a suggestion or two.
Leif

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Post by ErikJan »

That's exactly what I did (almost to the letter) but I couldn't find anything that matches the more simple requirements I stated above... I explicitly do not want a 'big brother is watching you' app.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Could you use one of the many health/fitness tracker apps for this purpose?
StuartR

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

ErikJan wrote:
27 Dec 2021, 21:28
That's exactly what I did (almost to the letter) but I couldn't find anything that matches the more simple requirements I stated above... I explicitly do not want a 'big brother is watching you' app.
Did you actually check out any of the features, and whether or not you can simply not activate or use them?
For example, Senior Safety App, Senior GPS Tracker, SOS, Inactivity & Fall alert system states: "When the Senior Safety App is active you will receive alerts for emergency help requests, falls with the phone, phone inactivity for extended period of time, app installs or uninstalls, entry/exit from geo-locations (buildings, streets, cities or neighborhoods), network changes (sim card change), and low battery alerts."

It probably depends on your definition of 'big brother'. I don't think you can expect a GPS location if you are not monitoring their GPS location...
Leif

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Post by ErikJan »

Thanks. Did you read the feedback on that "Senior Safety App" in the Google Playstore? Also, the site doesn't open om my PC, claiming "The connection for this site is not secure". Doesn't seem hopeful.