search for images in topics, how?

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

search for images in topics, how?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

(See also "search for keywords in topics, how?")

A correspondent has posted a reply using an attached image; the image shows up as "PineTree.jpg", which leads me to believe that it is an image that I posted sometime since February 4th 2019.
I search the Lounge for the post in which the image first appeared.

Method 1: type "pinetree.jpg"(with double quotes) in the search box, top-right corner of my screen. This results in :-
Search found 1454 matches: "pinetree.jpg".
Now my posts are good, but they are not that good. :grin:

Method 2:In Firefox browser "pinetree.jpg" site:https://eileenslounge.com
Choosing Images brings me to a :sad: and "Sorry, no results here."
Choosing All brings me to several screens of results, but far too many.

I scratch my head at this, because my correspondent has posted a reply using an attached image; the image shows up as "PineTree.jpg", and I would expect to find that post pretty easily.

Method 3: As for method1 but I restrict my seatch to the Scuttlebut forum
"Search found 411 matches: "pinetree.jpg""

:scratch: :scratch:

I'm curious, is all; nothing critical riding on this. But how does one locate an image file in Eileen's Lounge?

Thanks
Chris
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

HansV
Administrator

Re: search for images in topics, how?

Post by HansV »

Typing pinetree.jpg in the Search box yields this for me: :grin:

S0574.png

The index mechanism of the Lounge only indexes the author, subject and text of posts, not the images.
A Google search results in

S0575.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Post by PJ_in_FL »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 15:14
A correspondent has posted a reply using an attached image; the image shows up as "PineTree.jpg", which leads me to believe that it is an image that I posted sometime since February 4th 2019.
Perhaps an incorrect assumption has led you down a rabbit hole.

Instead of borrowing a photo previously posted, perhaps that member found the tree in Google Maps... :scratch:
PJ in (usually sunny) FL

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 15:21
Typing pinetree.jpg in the Search box yields this for me: :grin:
Thanks Hans. I am glad to hear that Google (site:?) search failed you. I suppose that the bots haven't got around to reindexing yet.
Untitled.png
Emboldened I repeated my search, not by typing, but by copy-and-paste, with the results we see above.
References appear to be breeding like, well, rabbits.
More about that later.
Thanks
Chrisd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

PJ_in_FL wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 15:59
Perhaps an incorrect assumption has led you down a rabbit hole.
'Twould not be the first time. I remember back in 1965 .....
The thought that it might not be me as source flashed through my mind; I have taken several photos of that tree over the years, but could not remember one taken from that angle; hence my curiosity.
Bonavista_IMG_20181014_103043696_HDRa.jpg
This one I took while on holiday October 2018; I thought that there were tree seedlings growing in the eavestroughs. It was three months after I had moved in that I realized that there were no eavestroughs!
60CB_19307486_3.jpg
And this one was taken by the real estate agent, before the oil tank was a glimmer of hatred in my eye. What a desolate spot this backyard was; I had visions of miles and rolling miles of tomatoes, cucumbers, peas, broccoli etc, but instead ended up with one-eighth of an acre of slugs, snails, and cabbage moths. Sigh.
We have a fox trots thorough each night, but if I do spot a rabbit I'll be on my bike and down to Foodland for a $5 carton of red wine suitable for purposes of marinade :yep:
I could save the rest of the bladder for when you arrive. :yep: :yep: :yep:
Cheers
Chris

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Interesting that your oil tank apparently does not have some form of a trough to contain its complete capacity in the [inevitable] event of a leak or similar disaster.
Perhaps that's why it bears such a strong resemblance to a barbecue?!
John Gray

Venison is quiet deer, and quite dear.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

John Gray wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 19:17
Interesting that your oil tank apparently does not have some form of a trough to contain its complete capacity in the [inevitable] event of a leak or similar disaster.
John, you must have better eyesight than me - from that distance, I can't tell if it is a Bunded Tank or not!
Leif

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 19:17
Interesting that your oil tank apparently does not have some form of a trough to contain its complete capacity in the [inevitable] event of a leak or similar disaster. Perhaps that's why it bears such a strong resemblance to a barbecue?!
Not my oil tank anymore. Last seen out at the metal yard of the Town Council Tip.
Except for the framing; that is stashed away on David's property somewhere.
And a barbecue bears no resemblance to an oil tank.
Oil tanks are made of steel, whereas my barbecue is made from fourteen old house bricks that accompanied a few buckets of rhubarb that arrived in Bernard's truck with a load of grass clippings two years ago ...
Cheers
Chris