Folder Access Denied

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Folder Access Denied

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Community,

In my company, we saved all folders in server (Some ip address\Folder Name). Two days before our department folder having the access for all. We sent a request to IT team to restrict all users other than our department members. What they done we don't know. Now its showing "Unable to display the current owner" Now no one couldn't access that folder even IT team. No one. Now we couldn't add new owner. Please help us. How to resolve the problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Folder Access Denied

Post by StuartR »

Someone with admin privileges should be able to seize ownership of these files/folders.
StuartR

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Thank you so much sir. I am politely say believe it or not sir, When IT team trying to add the owner of the file, they got the same message "Access Denied". I think we have another IT team in Japan. They may be a administrators. Why its happening sir. Can we remove the owner name?

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

If you don't have the rights to change permission on a file then an administrator can take ownership of the file and set the rights for you
StuartR

NickSaggy
NewLounger

Post by NickSaggy »

It frustrates me for happening all the time. I'm bored.