Apple iPhone OS4 Out Today

BobH
UraniumLounger

Apple iPhone OS4 Out Today

Post by BobH »

For those of you with iPhones, in case you missed it, they made the new multi-tasking OS4 available for download today. I installed it on my 3G iPhone tonight and had no problems. I can't see much difference in the way it works 'cause I'm not a power user.

I get a new 4GS iPhone Thursday. It was a Father's Day gift from my wife and daughter. I'm supposed to be able to Skype on the iPhone because it has both front and back side cameras. I'm looking forward to playing with it.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

WebGenii
StarLounger

Re: Apple iPhone OS4 Out Today

Post by WebGenii »

Aside from the multi-tasking, were their any other features that seemed really cool?

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

WebGenii wrote:Aside from the multi-tasking, were their any other features that seemed really cool?
In addition to multi-tasking, one can now create folders to contain groups of applications. With the number of apps proliferating so rapidly, this overcomes the problem of having to thumb through so many screens to find a particular icon. You can simply drag the icons you want grouped into folder. It is quite easily done and undone.

But the BIG NEWS is that my iPhone 4GS was just delivered by FedEx. It is syncing with iTunes while I type this. The new display is quite a bit better than the old. The camera provides much better detail and enlarging an image shows much better detail.

Haven't tried the new front and back cameras and other features yet. I'm excited about the voice command feature for dialing and music selection but will have to report later on how well (or poorly) it works.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

rory
5StarLounger

Post by rory »

HD video is nice and mine is much faster than my old 3G one. Haven't used FaceTime yet as I don't know anyone else who has one! ;)
Regards,
Rory

perryl7822
NewLounger

Post by perryl7822 »

I love the iPhone. I just bought my wife an Android phone at Christmas and am tempted to switch. I am an open source person and would like to go to Android for philosophical reasons. However, I do not want to lose too much functionality. Have you guys found Android to be all that the iPhone is?
Perry L. "Linux Freak"
www.mnui.com