Never another apple

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Never another apple

Post by Peter Kinross »

Awhile ago I vowed to never purchase another apple product. Just plain too difficult to operate.
Here is my latest frustration. Connected my iPad to my computer (Win 10 thankfully), iTunes opens up as it should. Clicked on the button to show the iPad and there it is. I mistakenly click one button and the iPad is gone. Obviously there is way to get it showing again, but apple stuff is so un-intuitive that after trying everything, I had to give up. Here is a screen shot, see if anyone in the Lounge can work out how to get the iPad back.
AppleNotIntuitive.jpg
B.T.W. I have never downloaded that U2 song, or any song for that matter. Yet there it is showing up in 'Recently added'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avagr8day, regards, Peter

Claude
cheese lizard

Re: Never another apple

Post by Claude »

I'm not an apple user myself, but, what happens when you click connect ?
Cheers, Claude.

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

It is just a connection to some of apple's music stuff - not on my iPad.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I had my iPhone connected (as you can se in the image below), and I was clicking on all the buttons, but none cause my iPhone icon to disappear. The only thing that made the icon disappear is when I disconnected my phone (pulled out the USB cord) from the PC.

You could just pull the cord out and put it back in again. That might make your iPad icon reappear again.
Image 037.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

I have since found out that the button I pressed was the 'Eject' button. Nothing to say that that was what it was for, no hover hint, nothing.
Snap1.jpg

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

TX for the feedback.
Regards,
Rudi

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

Peter Kinross wrote:I have since found out that the button I pressed was the 'Eject' button. Nothing to say that that was what it was for, no hover hint, nothing.
What, that button with the universal "pyramid-over-razorblade" symbol that all my remotes have on their eject button?
:evilgrin:
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

Yeah Jon. My kids have been giving me a hard time too. It was my grandson who pointed it out in a teenagers ever so condescending way.
Never entered my mind that an iPad was something that could be 'ejected'. Doesn't improve my opinion of apple one iota. Things that can be ejected usually have a 'Load' button; iTunes doesn't. Fails to remove me from the dunce class though.

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Peter Kinross wrote:B.T.W. I have never downloaded that U2 song, or any song for that matter. Yet there it is showing up in 'Recently added'.
I may be mistaken but I think the U2 album Songs of Innocence was provided by iTunes as a freebie a year or two ago. I know that it is in my archives and I did not order it. I think (not 100% positive) that I did download it at the time to see what it was like.
Regards,
Bob

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

You are correct Bob. It was a gift album that sparked controversy as it was pushed through automatically and could not be easily removed from the library.
Regards,
Rudi

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

Peter Kinross wrote:Yeah Jon. My kids have been giving me a hard time too. It was my grandson who pointed it out in a teenagers ever so condescending way.
Never entered my mind that an iPad was something that could be 'ejected'. Doesn't improve my opinion of apple one iota. Things that can be ejected usually have a 'Load' button; iTunes doesn't. Fails to remove me from the dunce class though.
Sorry, two fingers of Bowmore can have a wicked effect on my sense of humour...
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

Jon, probably depends on the thickness of the fingers.
But regardless, stay wicked - the other option is too dull.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

BobArch2 wrote:
Peter Kinross wrote:B.T.W. I have never downloaded that U2 song, or any song for that matter. Yet there it is showing up in 'Recently added'.
I may be mistaken but I think the U2 album Songs of Innocence was provided by iTunes as a freebie a year or two ago. I know that it is in my archives and I did not order it. I think (not 100% positive) that I did download it at the time to see what it was like.
Hi Bob!
I appreciate that you cleared up this puzzlement because I've been wondering where in the world the U2 Songs came from! I know I didn't order them or pay for them. I even took time to go back through "receipts" to see if, during the full moon, I somehow did order the album. :crazy: I didn't! :clapping:
Thank you!
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.