Numeric Lock on iPhone 5 iOS 8.1.2

BobH
UraniumLounger

Numeric Lock on iPhone 5 iOS 8.1.2

Post by BobH »

I've been unable to find a way to lock numerics on my iPhone. When I'm entering numbers in a Note, say, when I press Return the screen reverts to the alphabetic keyboard.

I've searched the Inner Webs and found nothing. Does anyone know if this is possible?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Numeric Lock on iPhone 5 iOS 8.1.2

Post by Rudi »

Hi Bob,

Unless there is a 3rd party keyboard that con lock the numeric keypad, I doubt it is possible with the standard iPhone keypad. However, you could use the following technique which I personally find useful.

Don't bother tapping on the button to switch to the numeric keypad. When you need to type numbers, simply tap and hold the button to switch to the numeric keypad and then slide your finger to the number you want to type. When you release your finger, the keypad jumps automatically back to the letters again. I know you want to type a series of numbers, but using this slide technique prevents the frustration of switching between keypads.

If you don't like this technique, I'll search for an option to type numbers and returns without the keypad switching continuously. Just let me know...
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Rudi!

I found the tip of holding the key down. It helps when entering just a few numbers but doesn't do much going the other way.

Don't waste time on this. I was really just testing the waters to see if anyone has done this. I even looked to see if there was an app in the AppStore but didn't find one.

Thanks again!!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I have plenty of time...I've just started a month long leave. :grin:

I have searched around some more and have come up with nothing better than the tap and slide option. (No Num Lock option)
An alternative is to type all the numericals and afterwards put in the returns. :crazy:
Regards,
Rudi

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Rudi wrote:I've just started a month long leave.
Not bad, Rudi! Are you going on vacation, or are you going to spend all that time in the Lounge? :evilgrin:
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Why should I spend money on vacation when I can see the world via the lounge?!
Just a few hours here and I got a taste of: Guatemala, Panama, Mexico, Yosmite, Strangely names places in 50 States, Saint Malo, Randy's Donuts in Cape Town, a multitude of Drone flights (for free), various border gates between Canada/USA, a few Canadian National Parks, incl. Pipestone River, a fly over of Pripyat in the Ukraine and a "tube ride" connecting Australia with China (what a rush...or should I say sinking feeling!). What more can one ask for?! :grin:

And...if that didn't answer your question: I am staying at home and chillaxing! (the best destination ever!) :cool:
Regards,
Rudi

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

A MONTH LONG LEAVE???

Incredible. I never took more than 10 days because I was afraid my boss would find out he didn't miss me.

Congratulations!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

:blush:

Actually it's less than half of what Geoff is taking....His boss must REALLY be impressed with him :kiss:
Regards,
Rudi