Opening URLs in IE

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Opening URLs in IE

Post by ErikJan »

I have the habit of checking several IE pages every day. I've been clicking shortcuts for years... Isn't there a tool that can automate this? E.g. a simple EXE file where I can paste URL's and then run the EXE to see IE start and immediately open and load all pages I have configured?
I know, there's all sorts of scripts (e.g. VBS) for this but these require edits and stuff. Someone must have made a little tool to do this easier I hope.

I even would like to have different sets... e.g. one to check on several websites for my next smartphone, one e.g. for general news.

I did search but all I found were scripts... Anyone who'd know about this maybe?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Opening URLs in IE

Post by HansV »

I assume you know that you can specify multiple home pages in Internet Explorer. Enter each URL on a separate line:
S0794.png
When you start Internet Explorer (or click the Home button in IE), each URL will be opened in its own tab.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Post by ErikJan »

I know that but that's not what I want. I searched a bit more and I think what I need is some sort of "bookmark manager" software. Often however, that software has way too many options and opening a series of URLs all at once is not one of them. I need something light (portable) that allows me to manage little groups of URLs and nothing more. I think I found something very (very) old, but I'll try to see if that works.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

If you use FireFox or Chrome, you might find an acceptable solution in one of their extensive collection of extensions. I'm sure there is plenty to pick and choose from that offer controlling of URL's (grouping and opening many at once).
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Post by ErikJan »

And if I still use IE? ;-)

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Unfortunately there are not as wide a choice as the other browsers. You can scan around these lists, but I wish you good luck in finding something to do with grouping and launching multiple URL's.

-- http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2339704,00.asp
-- http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/addons
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

This may be what you want, and may work in whatever the version of IE you are using - tested in IE10:

Favorites > Organise Favorites...
New Folder...

Name the folder what you want and drag the links you want to open simultaneously into it. When you are ready, click on the folder and then click on 'Open in tabs' and they should all open together.
x.jpg

Otherwise, there are several methods out there in Google-land - e.g. Is there aby add-on or other way to open multiple links in tabs with - Microsoft Community
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leif

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Post by ErikJan »

All, thanks for the input and suggestions. I've visited the pages but didn't really find anything I hadn't found yesterday before I posted... I'll still try some tools but the method Leif showed seems almost too good to be true. I'm going to try that first!! Thanks.