Moving in Google Maps street view on iPad

Rudi
gamma jay

Moving in Google Maps street view on iPad

Post by Rudi »

Simple question...
Is there there a better way to move in Google Maps street view on an iPad? I tap in the forwards arrow on the street, but each tap (or even double tap) just moves a few meters forward! On a PC you can click a long way up a road with the little circle pointer on the road...

Any advice to move faster up a long street in street view would be appreciated.
TX
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Re: Moving in Google Maps street view on iPad

Post by Skitterbug »

Did you ever work out a solution, Rudi? I don't have an iPad currently but I hope to acquire one soon, perhaps for Christmas to myself! :clapping: Then I can "play" again.

BTW, what generation iPad do you have? Is it wi-fi only or can it connect through cellular? Just curious as usual.

:cheers:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Nope...never found a speeder way of navigating down a street yet! One still moves at a snail pace when tapping on those < > arrows :crazy:

I have this model: A1430 iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular
I have both wi-fi and cell active so as I move outside of a wi-fi area it continues to stay connected by a sim card.

Cheers
Regards,
Rudi

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

Rudi wrote:Nope...never found a speeder way of navigating down a street yet! One still moves at a snail pace when tapping on those < > arrows :crazy:

I have this model: A1430 iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular
I have both wi-fi and cell active so as I move outside of a wi-fi area it continues to stay connected by a sim card.

Cheers
Thanks for your reply. I'm still hesitating about the features to choose. Eventually, I'll make up my mind and pick one. :yep:

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

They are all good products and I doubt the features will have the final say but rather your budget.
When I purchase any form of tech/gadget, I rack out the most I can afford (willing to pay) so that I can get the best specs possible. Then I'm satisfied!

Good luck....
Regards,
Rudi

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

Rudi wrote:They are all good products and I doubt the features will have the final say but rather your budget.
When I purchase any form of tech/gadget, I rack out the most I can afford (willing to pay) so that I can get the best specs possible. Then I'm satisfied!

Good luck....
You are quite right about budget - that is the consideration! I like the idea of cellular capability but I'm not interested in connecting in that manner just now. I didn't know much about sim cards until I went "surfing" and I see that it is an easy insert. Every device I've purchased to this point, came from a cellular company so there was never a need to know about sim cards and how to put one in. Decisions, decisions........
I need a :chocciebar: That I know for sure!