Snipping Tool

BobH
UraniumLounger

Snipping Tool

Post by BobH »

The snipping tool in Win 11 is not working the same as the one I used in Win 10. Perhaps it's a different app, but the Win 11 version doesn't have a menu bar that I can find. When I take a screenshot with it, I like to save the image. I did so in Win 10 by clicking File > Save > Photos > Screenshots. It was then possible for me to load the ss in FastStone Image Viewer and do whatever editing I needed to do, most often cropping and sometimes drawing on the image.

Does the Win 11 snipping tool app not have the option to save the image? If it does, how is it done?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Re: Snipping Tool

Post by Rebel »

When your snip is sent to the clipboard, a message pops up stating that the screenshot has been copied to the clipboard and saved. It also prompts you to "select here to mark up and share". Click on that message.
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

DocAElstein
5StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

Hi Bob,( Happy Easter you, and everyone, :) )
I also don't see the top menu bar in my Windows 11 snipping thing, but the small save icon seems to have the same effect.
(Microsoft seem to have redone these option/ribbon/icon/menu bar things in Windows 11 and they take a bit of getting used to. I wonder sometimes if they got some team of psychologists to come up with a view whereby everything is there, but the average human would miss them until they had spent some time getting used to them. They may be trying to mess with our minds changing the way we think, Lol. It might not be so Evil, just possibly intended to help force us away from earlier windows operating systems that many of us still prefer?)
Save Icon Snipping thing Widows 11.jpg
Alan

_.__________________________________________________________
Rebel wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 04:30
When your snip is sent to the clipboard, a message pops up stating that the screenshot has been copied to the clipboard and saved.
Hi
Strange, I do notice that my snip is sent to the clipboard because I notice sometimes that when I do a paste shortly after, the image may get put there, depending on where I am when I Paste. But I don't see any pop up telling me about it?
Alan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(

Rebel
4StarLounger

Post by Rebel »

If you don't see the pop up message, it's likely that you have Snipping Tool notifications turned off.

DocAElstein
5StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

Ahh, OK,- I never came across either the pop up or anything to do with Snipping Tool notifications. I will keep an eye out for it, - I don't use my windows 11 machine much.
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(

Rebel
4StarLounger

Post by Rebel »

If you're interested, it's Settings > System > Notifications. You can set these for each application installed.

DocAElstein
5StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

OK, thanks.