Display Questions

BobH
UraniumLounger

Display Questions

Post by BobH »

My apologies for the spate of questions about my migration to a new laptop. I seem to have forgotten much of what I had learned; but, worse, I can't seem to form search arguments that return useful information.

I use my laptop basically as a base system with a large display connected via HDMI, a standard keyboard connected via USB, and a Bluetooth mouse. I was able to learn that there is a setting that allows me to close the lid on the laptop top running Windows 10 without shutting the system down. Now, I need to know how to allow my attached display to sleep after a period of non-use. I was able to do this on the old HP laptop, but I cannot find a setting that allows the display by itself to sleep using Windows 11.

Is this possible?

Again, apologies for being so needy.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Display Questions

Post by stuck »

1) Open the Control Panel
2) Click on Power Options:
cplPowerOptions.jpg
3) The options in the left hand pane should help you

Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Ken!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

If you prefer using Settings go to Settings | System | Power and Battery | Screen and sleep.
Joe

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Joe.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)