One Drive Reconstruction

richlocus
2StarLounger

One Drive Reconstruction

Post by richlocus »

Hello:
My area had an Xfinity outage, and when it came back, my One Drive Personal was fine, but my One Drive for Office 365 (Which I use for business) would not log in. I tried a number of attempts but finally disconnected it and the Icon disappeared and it no longer showed up in File Explorer.

After numerous attempts, I created a shortcut on the LEFT side of the lower task bar but it still does not show up in File Explorer.

How can I return the One Drive for Office 365 so that it shows up both in my File Explorer and has an ICON on the lower right of the task bar.

See attached examples. Now, to access my Business One drive, I can't use File Explorer. I have to log into One Drive Business manually to see the files. Not having it in my File Explorer adds extra work.

Thanks for any help you can provide to restore it to its rightful place in the Lower right of the Task Bar.

Thanks,
Rich Locus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: One Drive Reconstruction

Post by HansV »

Have you tried clicking on the OneDrive button in the taskbar, then selecting Settings > Add an account?
Best wishes,
Hans

richlocus
2StarLounger

Post by richlocus »

Hans:
I will give that a try.
Thanks!

Mico
NewLounger

Post by Mico »

Have it worked?

richlocus
2StarLounger

Post by richlocus »

Hans and Mico:

Thanks for providing a method to add a business One Drive file structure to my file explorer icons. Under normal circumstances, the solution you provided would work. But unfortunately a larger issue blocked me from adding a new account as explained below.

To my dismay, my cell phone that handled authentication of a login to the admin account had failed due an internal chip malfunction. I purchased a new cell phone, but because I couldn't make it connect to the Authenticator, I could not get into Admin mode to take the steps required to register my phone and allow it to be the recipient of login codes.

For me to follow the procedure you provided, I needed to get into Office 365 Admin mode. I was blocked from getting into admin mode because it required Authentication. To repeat myself, the reason I could not authenticate is because I could not get my cell phone connected to the security portion of Office 365.

After numerous failed attempts to get access to the Admin account, I called the Office 365 admin center, and they agreed that because I am the only administrator to that account and I can't log into Admin mode, they would have to refer me to the team that handles security for Office 365 accounts.

The security team at Office 365 will contact me and override the authentication so I can get into that mode. I decided that I'm going to use a different method to authenticate because I have been down for days, and to rely on a cell phone which can be lost or damaged is too risky. I will use an alternative method to authenticate that does not involve a cell phone.

Thanks for the procedure you provided, which will work once I can become an administrator.

Regards,
Rich Locus

richlocus
2StarLounger

Post by richlocus »

I got my cell phone working, and your solution worked. THANKS!!!
Rich Locus

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Happy to hear that it's working again!
Best wishes,
Hans

Mico
NewLounger

Post by Mico »

richlocus wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 16:43
I got my cell phone working, and your solution worked. THANKS!!!
Rich Locus
Happy for you!