Display Size

BobH
UraniumLounger

Display Size

Post by BobH »

I don't know whether my issue started after a Firefox reinstall or a Windows update; so I'm posting it here on the expectation that he os supersedes an app.

I cannot get my screen back to the size it was before the change. I've tried settings and reducing the resolution without achieving my goal. Are resolution and screen size the same? I think not; resolution has to do with pixel density, doesn't it? Does a screen have to be larger is pixel density is greater?

I have a vague recollection of 'fit to screen' as being an option; however I can't find it in Windows 10. It might very well have been an app instead of Windows.

Any help shall be gratefully received and greatly appreciated.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Display Size

Post by HansV »

Right-click an empty part of the desktop and select 'Display Settings' from the context menu.
Try changing the scale under "Change the size of text, apps and other items".
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 18:50
Right-click an empty part of the desktop and select 'Display Settings' from the context menu.
Try changing the scale under "Change the size of text, apps and other items".
@Bob: Although be careful.
Early March when I took delivery of this HP15 laptop with Win11 pre-installed, I panicked and started changing the display settings, along with the View Zoom settings in MSWord, MSExcel, Firefox browser and Thunderbird client, and - me being me - got my system font sizes totally screwed up.

On top of that I hadn't realized that MSPaint had been rewritten to deliver less screen (working) space than the old version.

I don't say that Hans's advice is wrong, but folks like me can get into a right tizz-wozz and after several hours of frustration we start changing everything that can be clicked on randomly.

At least make a System Restore Point before you start. (Yes! Control Panel still works!!)

Cheers, Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thank you, Gentlemen.

I followed Hans' advice. We shall see if my changes are sustained and work across apps.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs