Link Question.

Percy Vere
2StarLounger

Link Question.

Post by Percy Vere »

When I get a link to other forums, my details get filled in (username + password) all I have to do is click Login.
As this account is outlook.com in Win 10 mail app., all I get is this:-

-
E Lounge.PNG
Is there something I can do to make it easier?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards
Percy
Windows 10 Home 21H2

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Link Question.

Post by BobH »

Have you tried clicking the Remember Me box after providing credentials and before clicking Login?
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

What browser are you using?

Perhaps at some point (inadvertently?) when, having filled in your login details and your browser popped up a helpful 'do you want to remember the login details', you selected 'never'?

Ken

Percy Vere
2StarLounger

Post by Percy Vere »

Hi Bob, I never do that as others use this laptop.
Ken, all users use Chrome.
Regards
Percy
Windows 10 Home 21H2

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Percy Vere wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 19:30
...Chrome.
I've never used Chrome but I expect it does what FireFox does, i.e. when you're on a webpage and login somewhere you get a pop-up (FF displays it at the left hand end of the URL address bar) that asks you if you want to remember the details. The options are yes/no/never. If you select 'never' then FF will neither ask you again nor auto-populate the login fields when you return to that login page.

Next question is does your browser clear cookies when it is closed? Or do you, regularly use something like Ccleaner to remove cookies etc.? Unless you have set an exception for the website in question, both of those things will cause your browser to forget your login details.

Ken

Percy Vere
2StarLounger

Post by Percy Vere »

Hello Ken, my image without the login details is from chrome, I get the same thing if Firefox is set as my default browser.
I use LastPass to remember my data and run Ccleaner when I think it needs doing. It also saves my cookies for sites I visit regularly.
I entered my outlook.com setting but there was nothing obvious to change or select.
Today when I clicked your link in outlook, it brought me to your post but still had to login myself.
Regards
Percy
Windows 10 Home 21H2

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

All I can suggest then is that you deliberately clear all cookies for this site so that when you come back you are starting from a clean slate and thus when you enter your login details AND tick the 'remember me' box everything that is set is brand new and fresh.

Ken

Percy Vere
2StarLounger

Post by Percy Vere »

Hello Ken, set FF as default browser. Clicking the link brought me to your last post, still had to login, but my details were auto entered So will class this as solved. Thanks
Regards
Percy
Windows 10 Home 21H2

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Percy Vere wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 15:28
... still had to login, but my details were auto entered..
Did you tick the 'remember me' box on the login page?

Also, when you are done with your session on the forum, don't log out then when you return you'll already be logged in (unless your browser / an app. like Ccleaner has cleared them.)

Ken

Percy Vere
2StarLounger

Post by Percy Vere »

Hello Ken, I did try clicking the 'Remember' Box but it made no difference.
I never Logout of The Lounge but I do switch off my laptop when I'm finished with it.
Regards
Percy
Windows 10 Home 21H2

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

stuck wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 13:23
All I can suggest then is that you deliberately clear all cookies for this site so that when you come back you are starting from a clean slate and thus when you enter your login details AND tick the 'remember me' box everything that is set is brand new and fresh.
Did you try this as Ken suggested?
(There should be a link to 'Delete cookies' at the bottom of this page.)
Leif

Percy Vere
2StarLounger

Post by Percy Vere »

Hello Leif, I did as suggested by Ken, it's just that I forgot to mention it. Sorry!
Regards
Percy
Windows 10 Home 21H2

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Have you tried Microsoft Community?
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Do you close the browser before switching off the PC?
Joe

Percy Vere
2StarLounger

Post by Percy Vere »

Hello Joe, my first thing done is check for updates, do what needs doing, then close everything that shows on the taskbar then shutdown my laptop. Could any program that runs in the background be anything to do with it?
-
PV.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards
Percy
Windows 10 Home 21H2