Block app by administrator

bknight
BronzeLounger

Block app by administrator

Post by bknight »

I have a new HD with a brand new Win 10 installation.
During the weekend I attempted to open and installation file, which promptly evoked a large error pop up telling me that as Admin. had blocked the file.
After searching possible solutions, I found this:
https://softwarekeep.com/blog/bypass-an ... windows-10 . This gives everyone a viual as I can't post my image, but scrolling through the "soluutions" I found one intriguing one, right click on the file select properties and check the "unblock" checkbox. One problem there is no checkbox.
After searching solutions to that I came up with several solutions that required either CMD or PowerShell run as Admin. The DOS command is UnBlock-File although I'm not sure capitalization is required). CMD gives aa error message UnBlock is not a recognizable command. Now powershell works to a point, I attempted Unblock, but the commands I type in results in an error File Not Found. The pathway is correct for these poor eyes. So how do I get a properties box with an unblock check box? I tried several command in powershell commands but that also was unsuccessful, and the file remains off limits. Be it known that the file in question was installed on the previous HD and worked fine. any idea on a workaround either of these two problems?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Block app by administrator

Post by StuartR »

Here's a couple of things that you can try.
1. Right click on the installation file and select "Run as administrator"
2. Enable the REAL Administrator account and log in to it. See https://www.partitionwizard.com/partiti ... count.html for how to do this
StuartR

bknight
BronzeLounger

Re: Block app by administrator

Post by bknight »

StuartR wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 22:48
Here's a couple of things that you can try.
1. Right click on the installation file and select "Run as administrator"
2. Enable the REAL Administrator account and log in to it. See https://www.partitionwizard.com/partiti ... count.html for how to do this
1. Doesn't work
2. Step 1: Type cmd in the Search bar.

Step 2: Right-click Command Prompt from the search results and select Run as administrator.

Step 3: Now type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter to enable the built-in administrator account.

Once it’s done, you can click the Start button and click your user account name. In the pop-up list, the hidden administrator account will be displayed. You can access this account simply by clicking it.

I had to "find" my file as it wasn't available in "THE" account. That being said it ran. Evey time I opened it however, I get this file blocked by an administrator, then opens and runs fine. I was rather suspicious, so I set active to no, obtained the same block pop up but the file still runs.
Successful.
Thanks