YouTube Videos Embedded in Web Pages Not Playing

BobH
UraniumLounger

YouTube Videos Embedded in Web Pages Not Playing

Post by BobH »

Since updating my Windows 10 laptop yesterday to the version as shown, I've been unable to play videos that are embedded in web pages. I looked at suggestions and searched but haven't found a solution yet.

Anyone?
win update.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: YouTube Videos Embedded in Web Pages Not Playing

Post by DaveA »

Give us a link to one that does NOT play?
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Which browser are you using?
StuartR

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

The gentlemen above have asked the questions I would, had I posted this night before bedtime.

If it would have been me, with Firefox and NoScript, the answer, as for several others using that add-on, would most probably have been some script not enabled. But with Firefox today it can be anything in the troika: of scripts, cookies or Enhanced Tracking Protection (EPT; the shield in the address bar).

As an example, I can have scripts enabled for YouTube, but stumble on some youtube no-cookie.com script not enabled for embedded videos. That said all things are almost possible when it comes to updates and software (and since browsers nowadays tend to update in the background, it's possible they go unnoticed when being updated compared to Windows, eh, which make it quite obvious.)
---
Edit: (Or to be more precise, I would have asked if it would be possible to share a link, which isn't always the case, unless one can find other examples; and with that it would have been implied that it would be the sort that doesn't play ...)
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thank you for the responses, guys!

My browser in Firefox v. 93.0 running on Window 10 as I mentioned in the op. I can right click on the error and copy the link to the YT and see it by pasting the copied URL into the address bar. I've looked at my add-ons. There are a couple that might be causing the problem. I'll try deleting them one at a time to see if I can find the culprit.

Thanks again!!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I have the same version of Windows, and Firefox 93.0
I just checked that I could play a video embedded in a Facebook post and it worked normally
StuartR

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I found an add-on that was causing the problem. It is a privacy add-on called "privacy possum."

Thanks for the help. All is back to normal now.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)