Program Won't Launch and Run

BobH
UraniumLounger

Program Won't Launch and Run

Post by BobH »

I have an app, Glary Utilities, that I have been running for ages. I discovered yesterday that it will not launch and run; yet I ran it day before yesterday. The program has not been updated or changed in any way that I can discover. It shows in my apps list (Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.

Can anyone tell me why this would happen?
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

HansV
Administrator

Re: Program Won't Launch and Run

Post by HansV »

Do you get an error message? If so, what does it say?
If not: click the Start button or press the Windows key.
Start typing Reliability and click on Reliability History or Reliability Monitor.
Does that have an error icon for today, and list Glary Utilities?
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Hans!

I didn't know that the Reliability History feature existed.

Here is a screenshot of the results. None of the events report Glary. Most are successful updates; however the one flagged with the caution is a failed update involving KB2267602 ver 1.343.248.0 which it says is a Windows security update. I haven't tried again yet to install it.
rel hist.PNG
The app will not load from the system tray shortcut nor from typing in the name in the Search panel nor from the start menu instance yet it appears to be installed. I do not get an error. The hourglass appears for a second or 2 then disappears but the program never launches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Take a look at the Details tab of Task Manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to start Task Manager) after failing to start Glary Utilities. Is it listed there?
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

No, it's not listed there. I'm running the troubleshooter on Windows Update to see if it will tell me anything about the failed MS Defender update. I have no idea how that might have affected the program loader for the one app, but it might yield a clue.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I wouldn't worry about that Windows Defender update - when that fails, it'll try again. It would only be a problem it it failed continually.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

After uninstalling and downloading a fresh copy and trying to install it, I discovered that a file called integrator.exe is missing and is needed by Glary. I have an inquiry in to them now for more information.

Thanks again for teaching me yet another lesson, Hans! :grin:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)