Getting Rid of OneDrive

BobH
UraniumLounger

Getting Rid of OneDrive

Post by BobH »

I don't like routinely placing files in a cloud folder. When I want to do so I use Dropbox; however MS OneDrive is somehow included in this Win 10 installation. I don't have (AFAIK) a subscription to Microsoft 365; so this OneDrive must be the free 5GB version. At any rate, I want to remove it. I (think I) have done so; however it keeps showing up in a pathname when I share folders. I removed everything from OneDrive and removed the folders then deleted OneDrive in File Explorer. When, in File Explorer, I choose This PC and get the display in the pic, then right click the Documents folder icon then choose Give Access To > Specific People > Everyone and click the share Icon I get this information: \\HP-name\Users\name\OneDrive\Documents

Is it possible to have the Documents folder displayed in the This PC choice in File Explorer point to my local documents folder which is at . . . \\HP-name\Users\name\Documents? If I deleted OneDrive using File Explorer > Right click > select > Delete, why is OneDrive still in the pathname for the icon? Do I need to make changes elsewhere to get OneDrive out of Win 10 (2004, Build 19041.928, Experience Pack 120.2212.5510)?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

HansV
Administrator

Re: Getting Rid of OneDrive

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Getting Rid of OneDrive

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Hans!

That got me past my mental block. I was able to uninstall Microsoft OneDrive. I think I was looking for OneDrive without the Microsoft qualifier. :hairout:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016