Folder Contents View

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Folder Contents View

Post by Ted Myers »

Hello, before upgrading to Win 10 & getting a more modern car, I had no bother playing my large collection of music, all mp3s.
Everything I had was USB 2.0 and could leave my USB HDD'S + Flash drives in NTFS format.
I have no trouble with any of my equipment except one. Its my old (in perfect condition) Panasonic TV. It has 2 USB ports, type unknown. My USB flash drives must be formatted as FAT32, for them to be played in the TV, no trouble so far.
If I attempt to alter or add another folder to my list of music then add it to my TV USB it goes to the bottom of the list.
E.G. If all in the current list is showing 'Date Modified' as 02/02/2021 the new one will show today's date.
Everything else can be set to display as I want it. Everything in the TV is displayed as 'Date Modified' and I can't change it.
Is here any way to alter the pre programmed settings in the folders.
P.S. If I copy or move old files to a different flash drive, the Date Modified stays the same. If I do the same and transfer the files to my PC or a USB HDD the date is changed.
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have NO luck at all.
Windows 11 Home 23H2 Laptop

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Folder Contents View

Post by stuck »

To change file and folder attributes look no further than the utility called 'Attribute Changer' available here:
    https://www.petges.lu/
I use it regularly, it just works.

Ken

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

Hello Ken, thanks for the link.This is what I have done so far. I have all my mp3 files in a USB 2.0 HDD on my Win 7 pc, it has 370 folders some contain JPEG's. I split the folder so I could put some on a 32gb usb 3.0 the others on a 16gb usb 3.0. They were both then copied to a 500gb 3.0 usb hdd. I then copied them to the Music folder in 'Libraries' on my Win 10 Laptop. Then when I copy them to my Flash Drives, all will have the same date modified info.
I have DL'd your AC gadget but that's as far as I'll get for now.

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

Hello Ken, I sent an email to Attribute Changer support@petges.lu as I can't get it to work. I have read there PDF it only confuses me.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Once you have run the installer it adds an entry to the right click / context menu of Explorer. Select a file, right click on it and choose change attributes. The dialog box you get is self-explanatory, giving you options to change the date created, date modified or date accessed. You can also change the read-only, hidden, etc. attributes.

At least, I found it self-explanatory. Have you looked at the FAQ page:
https://www.petges.lu/support/

Ken

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

Ken, all my MP3'S are stored on a 500gb external hdd (NTFS) on my old Win 7 PC. Their dates of being Modified & Created are nearly all different.
When copied to a USB Flash Drive (Fat32), dates Modified & Created are unchanged.
After many trials and errors using different settings of A Changer, Date Modified & Created are unchanged.
When I put the USB Flash Drive (Fat32) into my TV, they get played in a random order. My other players all play them in alphabetical order. I have been reading the instruction PDF.
I am not sure if my folders are played by Date Modified or Created or something else.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Ted Myers wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 10:36
After many trials and errors using different settings of A Changer, Date Modified & Created are unchanged...
That's not my experience using Attribute Changer. I use it regularly to alter date created, date modified and date accessed. I do not have time at the moment to set out a complete step by step guide including screen shots but in outline:
1) In Explorer, RIGHT click on a file that you want to tweak.
2) In the context menu that appears, select 'Change Attributes'.
3) A dialog box appears, it has four tabs, the first of which is 'File Properties'.
4) In that 'File Properties' tab, in the bottom half, tick the 'Modify date and time stamps' box.
5) Having done that, the previously greyed out dates and times become active, set them to whatever you want.
6) Ensure the 'Simulation mode' box in the bottom left is UNticked.
7) Click OK.
Job done.

Ken

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

Hello Ken, I got the reply from you almost as it was delivered. Since then, I have been trying to find when I bought my Panasonic TX-L42EB5B TV. It is rather old but still in perfect working order. It is only recently I started using the usb ports to play my music. All the testing I have been doing seems to have loosened it's working parts as everything is now working as it should.
Many Thanks

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

OK, thanks for letting us know.

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

Hello again, I was rather confused by your instructions to use A Changer. So I used my old Win 7 PC to download it again, can you spot the difference?
-
TM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.