Anyone using Cortana

RonH
SilverLounger

Anyone using Cortana

Post by RonH »

Just been installed on my W10 but for now I have turned off everything I can and am simply using it for Search.
Maybe there are words of wisdom from usage experience in our Forum that tell me it is OK to permit access to various files, contacts etc and that 'she' is secure ...
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Anyone using Cortana

Post by HansV »

I have disabled Cortana. Clicking the Windows button and typing a search term still works:
S1482.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Hans.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

"Me too", but I use O&O's elegantly-named ShutUp 10 to turn off many such contentious Windows 10 settings.
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

"But"? I use ShutUp10 too - see Privacy tool for Windows 10.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Yes, I use Cortana. I use it to search. I use the "Hey Cortana" to set reminders. I let it have access to everything. I figure that if I really want a digital assistant it will need access to everything a real assistant would. I also think that no matter what we do we really don't have privacy anymore so I don't worry about it too much.
Joe

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

HansV wrote:"But"? I use ShutUp10 too - see Privacy tool for Windows 10.
Hans - you surely don't expect me to remember a post nearly 18 months ago?! :scratch:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks all for comments.
I think Joe you have accurately summed up the fact that we have no privacy ... I guess this senior will just have to get used to such modern ways.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.