Roll back to 2007

steveh
SilverLounger

Roll back to 2007

Post by steveh »

HI all

If I use a system restore point before Tuesday will it remove WIN 10 which our IT support said we should accept and install, I have nothing but problems with it such as

1. My browser is BING but if I receive an email with a hyperlink it goes to Edge and refuses to open it
2. Documents in PDF format received by email that I don't need to save try to open in EDGE so I have to download them and then select Adobe to do it
3. Excels received by Email won't open and when downloaded the open with doesn't offer Excel when the extensions are correct

Apart from that I can't find anything, there are tiles all over the place for games, news and other stuff I wouldn't need and I am fed up with unpinning them because they somehow come back.

TIA
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

HansV
Administrator

Re: Roll back to 2007

Post by HansV »

2007? That's an Office version, not a Windows version - did you mean "Roll back to Windows 7"?

You can't use a restore point. Installing Windows 10 removes all restore points created in your previous version of Windows. But you can go back to that version:
Select Start > Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Go back to Windows 7 (or whatever your previous version was).
Best wishes,
Hans

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

HansV wrote:2007? That's an Office version, not a Windows version - did you mean "Roll back to Windows 7"?

You can't use a restore point. Installing Windows 10 removes all restore points created in your previous version of Windows. But you can go back to that version:
Select Start > Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Go back to Windows 7 (or whatever your previous version was).
:cheers: Hans all done
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Too bad. All your listed issues are relatively easily resolved.

Joe
Joe

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hi Joe,

While I agree that Steve's problems could have been solved, and while I have no intentions to go back from Windows 10 to a previous version myself, I think it might be best for users like Steve to wait until Windows 10 has been developed a bit further. Microsoft appears to be going through a bad patch at the moment, with lots of botched updates, and with Windows 10 still in a weird halfway state.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Hi Hans,

In general I agree that many users should wait. If his IT support people said go ahead and upgrade then I'd guess they've done the appropriate testing and are ready to support Win10. The upgrades that I've seen work the best are the ones that are not forced but where the GWX app has notified the user that the upgrade is ready. I don't think the rate of upgrade success is going to change much from here on but maybe it will.

Joe
Joe