Windows 10 Permissions

Pugsley
NewLounger

Windows 10 Permissions

Post by Pugsley »

Bought a new Toshiba laptop. After getting it up and going, letting it install "critical" updates, Windows 10 Home, will not let me run my Samsung multifunction setup to install drivers, etc. Tells me in RED window, An administrator has blocked me from running this software. I am the only administrator on this 3 day old laptop. Help please. :groan:

HansV
Administrator

Re: Windows 10 Permissions

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

If you right-click the setup program, is there an option "Run as Administrator" in the context menu? If so, click that. You may get a UAC (User Account Control) dialog asking you whether you want to allow the setup program to make changes to your computer; click Yes.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hi Pugsley,

Welcome from me too...

I admit that Windows administration is not my expertise, but I found this article that shows how to enable the "true" Admin account in Windows 10. Whether this is advisable or not, I do not know, so I'd suggest you wait for confirmation on this action from other members who have more experience. Also, I'm not sure if this is available on Windows 10 Home edition. Anyways, just my :2cents: contribution.

EDIT: TX Hans...
Last edited by Rudi on 19 Nov 2015, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Activating the "true" Administrator account is not recommended, it's better to use "Run as Administrator" if necessary.
Best wishes,
Hans

Pugsley
NewLounger

Post by Pugsley »

Tried the run as administrator. Same result. Some something on Ask Woody about a version 1510 update that could be causiong issues with permissions. Thanks to all that replied. Thinking of upgrading to "Pro" version.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Good luck with your ventures....
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.