Windows 10 Network Sharing

E_OGRADY
2StarLounger

Windows 10 Network Sharing

Post by E_OGRADY »

I am having trouble sharing Drives, Folders or profiles from my XP notebook over a wireless network to a Windows 10 Notebook
On the XP notebook there is an USB drive connected. This drive is seen (and is shared as L Drive) and can be accessed on the Windows 10. The reservation however is it does not always readily refresh in File Explorer on Windows 10, I overcame this problem by pinning it to the Quick Access area, within File Explorer. When File Explorer does not refresh with the drive shown all I have to do is click on it in Quick Access and it returns.

The image shown below shows all the shares I have tried to establish, but can only access those named L_Drive and l drive 2.

All the others are seen on the Windows 10 notebook, from where the image has been captured.
Capture 2.PNG

When I try to access the Drive, Profile or Folders on the XP Notebook from the Windows 10 notebook I get the following message.
Capture.PNG
I am sure I have the permissions set correctly, on the XP Notebook, the image below shows the typical configuration (this is how the setup is for the k profile.)
Capture 3.png
Any advice appreciated. I have drawn the conclusion the problem is on the XP Notebook, hence the way this post is written.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Windows 10 Network Sharing

Post by stuck »

Is there a password on the XP notebook? Sharing problems are often something to do with account mis-matches.

Ken

E_OGRADY
2StarLounger

Re: Windows 10 Network Sharing

Post by E_OGRADY »

Thank you Ken for the reply, I finally found the answer after a considerable amount of time, it turned out to be that under the security tab the Group or User names box was completely empty. I restored the names and viola all is well.
k profile security final.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.