worth listening to

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

worth listening to

Post by Dave Davison »

Just received a link to an interview with Katherine Albtrecht [co-author of 'Spychips' ] and thought loungers might be interested in what she has to say about Windows 10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLiozMpqV80 She certainly is well versed in the developement of the RFID chip and possiblilities it offers. :time: Cheers

HansV
Administrator

Re: worth listening to

Post by HansV »

With the default settings, Windows 10 gathers much more information from users than is necessary. Fortunately, ways to tone down Microsoft's fervor have been widely published. With a bit of work, it's possible to limit the information you share with Microsoft.
There are some threads about Windows 10 and privacy in this forum, you'll find them if you search for privacy.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

IMO, most of the articles about what is being collected are overblown. I think Microsoft could do a better job of automatically adjusting data collection based on the features you enable or disable. However, if you wish to take full advantage of the features such as Cortana and location the data collection must be broad.

Joe
Joe

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

JoeP wrote:IMO, most of the articles about what is being collected are overblown. I think Microsoft could do a better job of automatically adjusting data collection based on the features you enable or disable. However, if you wish to take full advantage of the features such as Cortana and location the data collection must be broad.

Joe
You are probably right, Joe. I listened to about 15-16 minutes of that "discussion" and when she got to calling MS a Satanic entity, I shut her down. At installation time, I went through all of those choices and turned all of them off, when they mentioned anything about calling home with my info. Of course, I hope they really DO get turned off and don't get ignored and still send data back to MS? :evilgrin:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.