Photo advice needed

RonH
SilverLounger

Photo advice needed

Post by RonH »

This image (blown up) and others shot on a smartphone have random location, incorrect pixel colouring ... mostly blue:
Blue.jpg
The effect is not lighting ... happens in sun or incandescent etc and not flash related
Anyone know what the likely cause could be ... maybe sensor related?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Photo advice needed

Post by stuck »

Do these blueish pixels always show up in the same place? If so that sounds like something wrong with the pixels at those points on the sensor. If they appear at different places on different images then maybe it's something to do with the way the light is catching the front element of the lens. Does the lens look OK? Not scratched or clouded or fogged?

Beyond that, try asking over at Cambridge in Colour. Someone there might have better suggestions.

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks for comments Ken. No, the pixels are randomly scattered but not always and the lens looks OK. Its a new smartphone ... thought I would try Nokia 8.1 this time; they are rating well again.
Good idea, I will ask in CinC.
Cheers Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

If this is a new smartphone then I would just return it to the place you bought it from
StuartR

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Agreed Stuart ... I have 50 days to return and get my cash back but I really like this phone so it would be great to find the cause. Otherwise I will choose another brand.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Since the blue spots are in random locations its obviously not the lens or any hardware related issue. It might be firmware related or how the phone is processing the image. in this event (if a firmware reset/reinstall doesn't fix it), I'd seriously return the phone!
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Hei Rudi,
Thanks for the comforting words :innocent:
I've now done all the resets etc and phone so far OK. But today it's photo day to prove. Also I am waiting to hear from supplier about a reinstall.

But I reckon I will go for a replacement just to be sure. Just as well that Google Gmail does a lot of the installs on a replacement phone. But all the small things... guess it oils the grey matter :grin:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.