Good Text to Speech App

dasadler
5StarLounger

Good Text to Speech App

Post by dasadler »

For those of us who are unable to speak or use an electronic larynx, there are still ways for us to speak. Text to speech devices and programs allow you to type then speak. The better ones allow you to save a lot of phrases and string them together or invoke them individually so you can actually have a conversation.

There are a number of text to speech applications and programs out there ranging from totally free to free (but pay for voices) to up to $100 plus pay for decent voices.

I came across one I want to share and I have no connection with the software at all other than being an extremely satisfied user.

It is called 'Talk For Me' and it is totally free with free voices. PLUS... it does not require an active internet connection to use it. The only drawback is that it is only for iPhones and iPads. I will tell you, though, that this app alone is reason enough to buy an iPad.

Here are a couple of links and the features of the app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/talk-fo ... tform=ipad" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.mobiletouchtech.com/talk-for-me/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

• No active internet connection needed.
• Ad Free
• Multiple Voices, including the Alex voice
• Enhanced Quality Voices.
• Auto Speech Function (Optional) - Every word is spoken as you enter it.
• Semi-Auto Speech Function - Use the keyboard return key to speak the text you typed.
• Punctuation Aware - Use Commas, Question Marks, Exclamation Points
• Undo Feature - Unintentional taps of the clear button are easily remedied.
• Slider to adjust the speech rate.
• Pause Button to stop speaking as needed.
• Quick Access Customizable Buttons (swipe up)
• Long press any custom button to set a descriptive title, custom phrase, and set the desired voice.
• Easily create a separate database of pre set phrases or sentence fragments that can be sent to the main window.
• Quick access to your archive. (swipe left)
• Portrait and Landscape Orientations
• Large buttons for easy use.
Don

HansV
Administrator

Re: Good Text to Speech App

Post by HansV »

Thanks, I hope it will help others.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Good Text to Speech App

Post by Rudi »

TX for the share~!
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.