Running Services in android

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Running Services in android

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Community,

In my android devices i have enabled developer mode and i've stopped all background process limit. I don't have understand two things. I have stopped background data also for most of the apps except gmail and whatsapp due to notification purposes. I don't know exactly what will happen when i stop the background data.

1) I had selected no background process. But when i restart the device it started the process again for "limit process". Why it started again.
2) In my running services there are so many apps are running. I didn't even open the app. why its running the services? I don't open the facebook, shareit, etc. Why its running?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Running Services in android

Post by HansV »

Some apps, such as Gmail, Facebook and WhatsApp are always active, since they are 'listening' for incoming information. They only way to stop them from running is to deactivate or uninstall them. But then they won't work, of course.
Best wishes,
Hans

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

i can understand sir. But why shareit, videoder, beautiplus and vidcompact apps are running? These apps are need not to listening incoming informations. But why its running?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm afraid I don't know, sorry.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

I am guessing these are apps that are pre-installed with your specific phone model and cannot be stopped. I would not worry about 'running apps' since Android should automatically manage available RAM. But if you are unsure then seek advice from one of the many smartphone forums ... you can search for the most appropriate by specifying your phone brand.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.