Animated GIFs in Powerpoint

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

Animated GIFs in Powerpoint

Post by AlanMiller »

I have just started playing with an Android TV box I was given. I have installed Kingsoft Office, which allows viewing of MS Office documents quite well. BUT ... embedded animated GIFs in PPS slideshows display static. This seems to be a "not uncommon" issue. I really want to avoid a MS viewer, since these seem to be coupled with Google Play. Does anybody have any other recommendations?

Alan

HansV
Administrator

Re: Animated GIFs in Powerpoint

Post by HansV »

What do you mean by "I really want to avoid a MS viewer, since these seem to be coupled with Google Play"?
Best wishes,
Hans

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

Re: Animated GIFs in Powerpoint

Post by AlanMiller »

HansV wrote:What do you mean by "I really want to avoid a MS viewer, since these seem to be coupled with Google Play"?
The installation on this android box (which I'm very inept with - no instructions, non-intuitive etc.) seems to clag up every time something associated with Google Play is invoked. This is my only objection. If I could do a direct install from a USB, and not have Google Play come into the picture at all when installing/ using it, I'd welcome the opportunity of trying it.

Alan

EDIT: I actually located a standalone installation of MS Powerpoint Viewer. After installing, it "developed a problem" and was unable to open the .ppsx which the other apps have no problem with (sans anigifs). All it does is give a "Sign In" screen which I am unable to navigate. It then proved a "cow" to uninstall. In all, the MS offering looks like it will be problematic all the way.