Copresence - to bridge the gap between Android and iOS

Rudi
gamma jay

Copresence - to bridge the gap between Android and iOS

Post by Rudi »

Google is about to unleash a cross-platform file sharing system
There has been a rift between Android and iOS for a very long time. The two platforms have had trouble communicating and sharing to no end of frustration. If Google has their way, this will end. How so? The developers behind the velvet curtain are working on something new, something that could be a serious game changer with regards to cross-platform data exchange.

That "new" is Copresence, and Google was recently awarded a patent for the functionality. What I believe it to be is Bump (something Google acquired and then shut down), rebranded as an Android service.

What does Copresence do? Simple. With this new feature, Android and iOS devices would be enabled to communicate with one another in various ways:

-- Exchange files
-- Exchange photos
-- Share directions
-- Share messages
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Copresence - to bridge the gap between Android and iOS

Post by BobH »

That's why standards are so important. As an IT exec, I used to bark my shins on proprietary technologies that created intercommunication problems. Open Source industry standards are important in this arena. It drives innovators to consider the costs to their consumers of proprietary decisions.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs