Kill the Start Button (are you serious??)

Rudi
gamma jay

Kill the Start Button (are you serious??)

Post by Rudi »

Ever since the initial Windows 8 release, forums and tech sites have been inundated with complaints about the missing Start button and Start Menu. In fact, if you had to pick the most common criticism of Windows 8 from consumers, it would undoubtedly have to be these missing Start components. Imagine my surprise then when I came across this freeware called Start Killer which is specifically designed to… wait for it… get rid of the Start button, including an option to also get rid of the Start Menu.
Quote Origin...
In what could perhaps be described as the ultimate irony; on the one hand we have thousands of users rallying about the missing Start button and Menu, on the other hand we have thousands of users who want to rid themselves of the very same components.

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”
John Lydgate

If you want to kill the start button (and menu)...head over to this app. (Its for free) :laugh:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Kill the Start Button (are you serious??)

Post by BobH »

Argues for user control of the function, doesn't it?

Is it true that Win 8 has no options to insert the Start Button/Menu? Why does Microsofat not create a configuration module and give access to it from Control Panel wherein one could choose components and perhaps where and how they appear? I know; there is an insufficient number of people who care a feather or a fig to warrant paying to have the module developed. :shrug:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Kill the Start Button (are you serious??)

Post by Rudi »

It does make you wonder why MS has not done this for the start button and menu. The rest of the desktop is almost fully customisable;
(1) like the position of the taskbar and its option to hide/display it
(2) the on/off option of the show desktop bar next to the clock
(3) the positioning of the taskbar buttons
(4) and in Win8, the option to hide/disable the charms

When the start button will get added to the list, only MS will know....
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.