Cabbage Rolls - leaf stripping?

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Cabbage Rolls - leaf stripping?

Post by DaveA »

Next time you're chatting with her, ask her what to do with the 67-4=63 cooked leaves she doesn't need right now if she's making only 4 cabbage rolls, it having been ascertained that cats don't like cabbage rolls.
Corned beef and cabbage, what else would one use cooked cabbage for!
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/corned-be ... etail.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://startcooking.com/blog/193/How-to ... ef-Brisket" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

That is a great idea!!! As long as it is a bonafide corned beef....oh yes...We grew up on granny's "brisket" and I didn't realize until my later years that it was corned beef. Perfect for Lá Fhéile Pádraig
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
BobH wrote:Here you go, Chris!Bile 'Em Cabbage Down
Good One, Bob!
(What's the medallion on the front of your hat?) :evilgrin:

Sorry to disappoint, Chris, but the performer is far more handsome, erudite and charming than I. MY hat is conical, without brim and much taller and sits by the stool in the corner where I am oft posted to sit wearing the hat with my nose in the angle of the corner.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

ChrisGreaves wrote:I can't say that my first effort at cabbage rolls is successful.
(4 days later) Now I can.
I microwaved two leftovers and draped a bit of HP sauce ("steak sauce"?) over them.
I found, too, that a steak knife worked wonders at cleanly cutting slices of the rolls.
The dull regular dinner knife merely mashed the leaves, whereas the steak knife cut cleanly through.
I might toss the rest of the purple cabbage into the soup pot today so that can buy a green cabbage later on and have another shot.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Steak knives are great--or any serrated one--I have a bread slicing knife that works perfect for slicing multiple ones simultaneously :-)
HP Sauce---ahhhh me. My step-mum brought an entire suitcase back from one of their trips to England many years ago. She packed it with a white duvet cover which she had gotten at Harrod's. When they were unpacking after their arrival back home, the bottles had all exploded all over the cover so was a total loss. They figured the high altitude of the plane had affected it. You could say there was alot of "censored" explosions going on in that house. I was witness and thought to myself--all over HP sauce...welll then I tasted it....and well understood...but now it's easily purchased here thru any number of vendors. I'm sure they made your rolls soooo tasty :cheers:

Thanks Chris for 'splainsing it all to me properly.
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Hey Jude wrote:the bottles had all exploded all over the cover
Makes for a great security blanket ...
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle