Preserving zucchini ideas?

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Re: Preserving zucchini ideas?

Post by Doc Watson »

viking33 wrote:
Argus wrote::laugh: Aren't we two adding lots of value to this, not so often frequented, forum?
QUALITY, Argus, QUALITY! :artist: :clever: :laugh:
QUANTITY, Bob, QUANTITY !!! :innocent: :laugh:
If life gives you melons,
You may be dyslexic.

johbot
2StarLounger

Post by johbot »

As it happened ... a day of severe winds brole the tops off three of myfour zucchini plants.

Perhaps there is a god!

Gone are the days of a glut, and we are back to appreciating the vegetable as an addition to our table.

We are, however, haversting 3-4 kg of tomatoes each day at the moment. But I can deal with those. I blend them and boil to get rid of any bigs and then freeze into one or tow cup amounts for later (winter) cooking.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

johbot wrote:As it happened ... a day of severe winds brole the tops off three of myfour zucchini plants.

Perhaps there is a god!

Gone are the days of a glut, and we are back to appreciating the vegetable as an addition to our table.

We are, however, haversting 3-4 kg of tomatoes each day at the moment. But I can deal with those. I blend them and boil to get rid of any bigs and then freeze into one or tow cup amounts for later (winter) cooking.
Looking out my front window, I think I'd rather be dealing with too many zucchini rather than too much snow and ice! Enjoy your harvest! :smile:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.