Custard

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Re: Custard

Post by Hey Jude »

I only drink from ones that fly over......
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

ChrisGreaves wrote:For 50+ years, with my mother and following in her footsteps, I have made custard ...
Then there's always Cambridge Burnt Cream 6m video.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

MickeyMouse
Lounger

Post by MickeyMouse »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
ChrisGreaves wrote:For 50+ years, with my mother and following in her footsteps, I have made custard ...
Then there's always Cambridge Burnt Cream 6m video.
Oooo!! All this talk of custard is making me sooo hungry. Custard is one of my most favorite deserts and the main reason I developed a passion for cooking. Never heard of custard powder before, I must search around locally to see if any one carries it. Hmmm a quest!

The video on the burnt cream recipe was great and the results looked sooo yummy!

Off to raid the fridge now, must eat!
How best to describe Eileen's Lounge -
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is the Lounge"

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

MickeyMouse wrote:Custard is one of my most favorite deserts
Well, yes, and mine too.
I try always to have a bowl of one or the other in the 'fridge for a quick-snack.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

MickeyMouse
Lounger

Post by MickeyMouse »

Hey Jude wrote:ahhhh rice pudding I love, are you talking Bird's Custard?

My rice pudding is actually made using a double boiler which boils the rice in the milk; then
creme de leche cans are added along with the golden raisins, nutmeg, cinnamon, egg yolks; beaten
into the rice mixture; baked for 30 min then topped with the whipped egg whites and lightly browned
under the broiler :-) From my ancient Mennonite cookbooks from which I blended 3 recipes.
Rice pudding comes in a very close second as my favorite dessert. Some times when I've made rice for dinner, I accidentally (on purpose) make extra. After dinner I will pop some dried raisins in the microwave in water and warm them up (this rehydrates them and plumps them up). I then drain them, add them to the rice and and warm milk, sugar and cinnamon. This makes a delicious, quick dessert!

Making my self even more hungry!!
How best to describe Eileen's Lounge -
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is the Lounge"

Post by Guest »

Thanks for sharing your posts which contain valuable information . I would ask one question whether custard can be made with out beating milk before putting into Eggs .