A Cloned Windows 10 to Windows 11 Computer

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
hlewton
PlatinumLounger

A Cloned Windows 10 to Windows 11 Computer

Post by hlewton »

Thinking I could save a program that I purchased from a no longer in business company, I had a new computer built. I did a backup of a Win 10 computer and gave it to my builder. He restored that backup to my new computer than updated it to a Win 11 Pro computer. I lost the license anyway because it did not transfer into a workable program. That was my reasoning for what I did. The computer is functioning well except for one thing that has me puzzled and I cannot, even with my builders help, figure it out.

The names of the computer differ by me adding 2022, (year of purchase) to my last name, then - PC. The original Windows 10 is only my last name without any date, with - PC. When I open Windows File Explorer and look under Network, I can't see the original Windows 10 computer unless the new one is not turned on. As soon as I turn on the newer Windows 11 machine which was originally cloned, the original Windows 10 computer is no longer displayed in Windows File Explorer's Network tree. Please see the attachment, there should be the original Windows 10 computer displayed but, for some reason, it isn't.

What could be, in either one of the computers that I could change to allow all of them to be displayed. BTW the way, about the only option I wouldn't want to do is change the names from what they are now because I have too many mapped paths to both of them. That was probably a big mistake when I originally named the computers, but still, I don't want to change those now.
Network.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton