One Drive Synchronization Issue

richlocus
2StarLounger

One Drive Synchronization Issue

Post by richlocus »

Hello:
Previously in the Excel forum, Hans provided an excellent explanation on how the One Drive application works. My next issue is a possible corruption of my One Drive files? (P.S. I am using Windows 10 where One Drive is integrated into File Explorer).

My One Drive file system seems to be out of sync. There are three locations that I'm reviewing (Illustrations provided):
1) From the file explorer looking at built-in One Drive Files stored on the Remove Server (Illustration 1)
2) From the hidden local directory that contains the view of local files stored on my computer (Illustration 2)
3) From a special option: Right Click, "VIEW ONLINE" (Illustration 3)

Option 1 and 2 illustrations sync perfectly. But when I look at the View Online (Option 3 illustration), there are a HUGE number of files that don't appear in the other two views.

Is this because I started using One Drive starting 10 years ago, and the third option is obsolete? However, the third option actually takes up space in my 5 GB allocation.

Any idea what is going on? Should I delete the files in the third option since they don't sync with what I really need in Options 1 and 2?

Thanks,

Rich Locus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

richlocus
2StarLounger

Re: One Drive Synchronization Issue

Post by richlocus »

Hello:
I see a large number of views on this question, with no response... probably because my One Drive files are over 10 years old through multiple migrations from one computer to another... creating a strange issue.

I resolved the issue by deleting EVERY file in the "View Online" category. It did not affect my files which I access through File Explorer. When I now go to "View Online", there are no files. But when I use the File Explorer and also look in the C:\Users\User\OneDrive all my files that I need are there an the files are identical in both locations. I don't have an explanation, but I reduced the size of my online One Drive by a huge number, giving me plenty of space.
Regards,
Rich Locus