Jacquie Lawson Web Site

velpuvy
NewLounger

Re: Jacquie Lawson Web Site

Post by velpuvy »

Thanks Bigaldoc for the tip. I just sent an email directly to him. Hopefully he can help me.

velpuvy
NewLounger

Post by velpuvy »

The FB wall post is started to work again.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Isn't it great when Something Wonderful Happens and all the problems go away!
StuartR

JL Help
NewLounger

Post by JL Help »

I know I'm a few days late, but I think I can shed some light on this issue. If you use Firefox as your primary browser then that was the cause. We had an issue where members' Facebook friends would not appear in Firefox.

I'm sorry you didn't receive a timely answer when you wrote to us. We were buried for most of last week and didn't catch up until Thursday or Friday. You should have still received an answer, even if it wasn't within our normal time frame. If you don't mind, send me your e-mail address in a private message so I can try and trace your messages and see what went wrong.

velpuvy wrote:JL website has this facebook wall posts. I became a member of JL this year and I love this site. They are the best. But their customer service sucks. I have issues in posting my cards in my friend's facebook wall. Because when I tried to post it, none of my friend's facebook information is loading but only my facebook information. The window that usually have all my friend's Facebook information is empty. Since I started with JL, I had no issues in posting in Facebook walls (except one and it was my FB friend who did not allow it).

Helenzest
NewLounger

Post by Helenzest »

I too have been having problems with Jacquie Lawson after years of being very pleased with their cards/advent calendars. This Christmas, I ordered a batch of 5 advent calendars, only 3 of which could be downloaded (mine was one that couldn't, in spite of my having downloaded Adobe Air as advised). In addition, a separate one I ordered was never delivered to the recipient and didn't appear on my order list, even though the money was taken. After some initial correspondence, Jacquie Lawson Customer Service duly said they had refunded the money for these calendars. However, that's over a month ago, and the money hasn't yet appeared. My email querying this was answered by someone different from the earlier one, who simply referred me back to my account order list, which wasn't at all helpful (and the 2 emails which couldn't be downloaded have disappeared off the list). Since then, 3 emails I've sent have received no response at all. The amount of money is only small, but no-one likes to pay out for something which they haven't received - and I really feel that if they don't respond appropriately, I'm going to publicise this as widely as I can.

mishmish3000
PlatinumLounger

Post by mishmish3000 »

:flee:
Last edited by mishmish3000 on 22 May 2014, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
Anne

terisusan
NewLounger

Post by terisusan »

I have been having problems with Jacquie Lawson site too, they said I had to change my password for security reasons and they will send me a link within one hour. Unfortunately they never sent a link and I have emailed them several times they do not respond :groan: I live in the US and there is no phone number for me to call. I paid for a 2 year membership. I looked up a US better business bureau and they actually have an F rating so many others are having issues.

Does anyone know how to reach them via phone or what we can do to fix the issue? If they are out of business then we should get a refund.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

Andrew, the customer support supervisor for Jacquie Lawson, logged in a few times here (see the first page of this thread), but the last time was almost two years ago...
Best wishes,
Hans

terisusan
NewLounger

Post by terisusan »

Do you know of a phone number or a way to contact them or the new support supervisor?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm afraid I don't, sorry.
Best wishes,
Hans

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

I logged into their website after changing my password at their request. They immediately sent the link to my email address that I have listed on their site for admin use. And the change of password was swift and easy. So while I was on their help pages, I sent them a request to look at your post here in Eileen's Lounge. I hope they respond fairly quickly. Their message said it could take 48 hours to answer questions so hopefully in a day or so, they will respond.

I have always had good success with their site and I have not had any problems. I would rate them an A rather than the F someone said they had. But then this is only my opinion because as I said, I've never had a problem.

Hope this at least gets you some help. WSS :smile:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

terisusan
NewLounger

Post by terisusan »

Thanks for your help so far no response I first tried logging in Saturday and each day since. I even sent help @ jacquielawson. Sales@ jacquielawson And replied to the first email in January where it was confirmed they received my payment until 2016 still no response. I am guessing this is why they do not have a phone number listed do to many issues. :sad: the card are great if we can actually send them, there was no reason to change my password which seem to have caused the issue on their part.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

terisusan wrote:...there was no reason to change my password...
Umm, what about the heartbleed bug that's been all over the news?

Ken

terisusan
NewLounger

Post by terisusan »

Ken

There has not been ANY other companies I use a password that has asked me to change it. Since JL asked me to change it they never sent a link so it looks like a scam on their part - paying for a service for 2 years and only being able to use it for a few months since you cannot even change your password. :scratch:

terisusan
NewLounger

Post by terisusan »

This is what I found on BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU

Jacquielawson.Com

2796 Reliable Parkway, Chicago, IL 60686-0001

Send email to Jacquielawson.Com

http://jacquielawson.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

! There is an alert for this business !
On a scale of A+ to F

Reason for Rating

BBB Ratings System Overvie

Reason for F Rating

BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered Jacquielawson.Com's rating include:
22 complaints filed against business
Failure to respond to 4 complaints filed against business.
One complaint filed against business that was not resolved.
BBB does not have sufficient information to determine size of business. BBB evaluation of business is based on rating formula's smallest size classification.
BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.
- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-rev ... 268F3.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

terisusan wrote:There has not been ANY other companies I use a password that has asked me to change it...
Maybe not but that doesn't alter the fact that heartbleed has made it prudent to change your passwords and though many companies may not have required you to make a change, the general advice in the media has been to do so.

As for your missing email. The data you found on BBB (22 complaints, 4 non responses & one not resolved) is no doubt genuine but JL must have a massive customer base so less than 30 incidents hardly seems significant. JL have built their brand over many years so why would they risk everything by running a scam?

Given that, IF the incoming message to you was a genuine message from them then they almost certainly did send you a link and the problem is that it has not reached you for some reason. Perhaps the message has been marked as spam somewhere between them and your Inbox. Have you checked your spam folder? Also, if you still have the original incoming message double check it to see if it really did come from JL.

Ken
PS I have no connection to JL, I don't even have an account with them. My defence of them is simply based on the logic I give above.

DenGar
3StarLounger

Post by DenGar »

I've used the site and its services on a rather regular basis for about 4 years and have never had a problem.

terisusan
NewLounger

Post by terisusan »

I still have not heard from them so maybe its a recent change of staff in the past week that simply is not responding.

terisusan
NewLounger

Post by terisusan »

Ken, its not marked as spam (I do check my spam folder) but prior to this incident I got regular emails from them featuring their new cards and in my privacy tab they are one of the sites I allowed so there is no excuse). I have emailed their sales department they got back IMMEDIATELY with an automatic email stating which form of payment shall I use- but when I responded Im reaching out to you for the other reason -no response.

Also the BBB -perhaps others don't know they can write the bbb in CHICAGO since they are a UK company - and many don't take the time. I did not research to see if the UK has a similar BBB type of organization, if so there would be many complaints, Im sure of that- as I googled the company and saw complaints on other sites such as Rip Off and 3 others.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Is BBB a similar organisation to Trip Advisor, where anyone can make whatever comment they like, without it necessarily being checked for any scintilla of validity? Does BBB have any official standing? Is it regulated by any official body?

Many of the anti-spam organisations are self-appointed and uncontrolled firms who can blacklist anyone they like with little-or-no comeback. I would hate to think we are discussing something similar...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...